Indoor Air Quality: Resources
Basic Information on Pollutants and Sources of Indoor Air Pollution
- Biological Pollutants
- Carbon Monoxide (CO)
- Formaldehyde/Pressed Wood Products
- Lead (Pb)
- Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2)
- Radon (Rn)
- Respirable Particles
- Secondhand Smoke/ Environmental Tobacco Smoke
- Stoves, Heaters, Fireplaces, and Chimneys
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
How Can I Find Answers to Questions I Have About Indoor Air Quality?
- Use our Frequently Asked Questions Database
- Look through our publications online - www.epa.gov/iaq/pubs/index.html
What Other Resources Are Available?
View Frequent Questions/Ask a Question
Search frequently asked questions or submit your own question or comment in our Frequent Questions Database. In addition to questions and answers relating to indoor environments, you may use this database to find information on any of our topic areas, for example, Asthma, Radon, IAQ Tools for Schools Program, Mold and Moisture, Smoke-free Homes Program, Indoor airPLUS and General Indoor Air Quality Issues. Incluido son preguntas y respuestas en español. You may also use this link to subscribe to any new information or updated information relating to any of the topics that may be posted on our website.
View an alphabetical list of all EPA Hotlines and Clearinghouses - www.epa.gov/epahome/hotline.htm
Contact Your State Health Department/Topic Coordinator/Contact
- EPA's Regions: Region 1 | Region 2 | Region 3 | Region 4 | Region 5 | Region 6 | Region 7 | Region 8 | Region 9 | Region 10
Asthma No Attacks Hotline
If you would like to speak with an asthma expert, contact one of the toll free hotlines below.
- Allergy and Asthma Network *Mothers of Asthmatics www.aanma.org 1-800-878-4403
- American Lung Association 1-800-586-4872 www.lungusa.org Visit this site to obtain phone numbers for local chapters.
- Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America www.aafa.org 1-800-727-8462, 7 a.m. - midnight
EPA supports the following hotlines to best serve consumers with radon-related questions and concerns.
- 1-800-SOS-RADON (767-7236)* Purchase radon test kits by phone.
- 1-800-55RADON (557-2366)* Get live help for your radon questions.
- 1-800-644-6999* Radon Fit-It Hotline. For general information on
fixing or reducing the radon level in your home.
- 1-800-426-4791 Safe Drinking Water Hotline. For general information on drinking water, radon in water,
testing and treatment, and standards for radon drinking water. Operated
under a contract with EPA
* Operated by Kansas State University in partnership with EPA
How Do I Order Publications?
You can order Indoor Air Quality publications from EPA's National Service Center for Environmental Publications (NSCEP):
Phone: 1-800-490-9198 / Fax: (301) 604-3408
NSCEP operates a Toll-free phone service for EPA Publication Assistance with live customer service representative assistance Monday through Friday from 9:00am-5:30pm eastern time. Voice Mail is available after operating hours. You can fax or e-mail your publication requests. For technical assistance with NSCEP web pages, write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the EPA Document Number, which is usually bolded or highlighted, when ordering from NSCEP. See our list of publications at www.epa.gov/iaq/pubs
How Do I Order Other EPA Publications?, see www.epa.gov/epahome/publications.htm