EPA and the Federal Government do not make any endorsements for commercial Section 508 tools, products, or resources. The information about Section 508 tools and resources on non-Federal Web sites are solely provided for your convenience and to help you locate non-Federal resources.
Federal Section 508 Web sites
- Access Board Section 508 Home Page - Access Board is responsible for implementing and interpreting the Section 508 Standards.
- Section508.gov - General Services Administration (GSA) maintains the federal government's official Section 508 Web site which includes training, resources and contact information.
- Department of Justice - Section 508 Home Page - Dept. of Justice is responsible for the Section 508 Survey which is required of all federal agencies.
- FAR 39.2 - Electronic and Information Technology
W3C Accessibility Links
The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) is an international consortium that develops Web standards. W3C's mission is: To lead the World Wide Web to its full potential by developing protocols and guidelines (including accessibility) that ensure long-term growth for the Web.
- www.w3c.org - World Wide Web Consortium
- Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) - Main Page - The Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) works with organizations around the world to develop strategies, guidelines, and resources to help make the Web accessible to people with disabilities.
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.