The following handouts were developed by Environmental Protection Administration Taiwan for the 2012 International E-Waste Management Network. They describe the detailed components of the system for managing waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) under the 4-in-1 Recycling Program in Taiwan.
These workshop materials complement the Case Study on Recycling and Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Management in Taiwan which was completed in December 2012. They are intended to serve as a resource for policymakers around the world who are working to improve WEEE management.You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Recycling Regulations in Taiwan and the 4-in-1 Recycling Program (PDF)(8 pp, 568 K)
- How Regulated Recyclable Wastes (RRW) are Selected Under the 4-in-1 Program (PDF)(7 pp, 718 K)
- Waste Appliance Takeback Policies in Taiwan (PDF)(5 pp, 318 K)
- Waste Appliance Takeback Policies in Taiwan (PDF)(5 pp, 590 K)
- Requirements for Manufacturers and Importers under the 4-in-1 Recycling Program (PDF)(6 pp, 1 MB)
- Auditing of Manufacturers and Importers under the 4-in-1 Program (PDF)(4 pp, 391 K)
- Recycling Fee Rate Calculation and Sample Exercises (PDF)(16 pp, 653 K)
- Auditing and Supervision of Collection and Recycling Enterprises (PDF)(5 pp, 694 K)
- Standards for Registered and Subsidized WEEE Recyclers under the 4-in-1 Program (PDF)(8 pp, 237 K)
- Printed Circuit Board Recycling Methods (PDF)(10 pp, 497 K)
- Tracking Systems for Waste and Management of Waste Import/Export (PDF)(5 pp, 490 K)