Careers and Internships
Internships and Fellowships for Law Students and Recent Law School Grads
Interested in Becoming
an EPA Attorney?
Check out our page on legal careers.
Unlike almost all other EPA jobs, attorney jobs do not need to be published on USAJobs.gov. To maximize your chances of finding out about all EPA legal internship opportunities, you should:
- review the information on the links below,
- check with your law school careers office since they may know of paid and/or unpaid opportunities at EPA offices other than those described on the links below, and
- check USAJobs.gov periodically.
Other Student Opportunities
All positions advertised through USAJobs.gov are paid. With respect to the links below, if information about a specific program does not indicate that it offers paid positions, assume the positions are unpaid/volunteer. Don't hesitate to ask, however; a program may be able to pay a stipend even if, in the past, it has not been able to do so.
Opportunities in Washington, D.C.
- Student Honors Law Clerk Program in the Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance
- Legal Internships and Clerkship Programs in EPA's Office of Administrative Law Judges
- Summer Honors Law Clerk Program in the Office of General Counsel
Opportunities in Our Regional Offices around the Nation
- Atlanta (Region 4)
- Boston (Region 1)
- Chicago (Region 5)
- Dallas (Region 6)
- Denver (Region 8)
- Legal internships in the Office of Regional Counsel
- Legal internships for the fall, spring and summer semesters in the Office of Enforcement, Compliance and Environmental Justice: contact Marc Weiner (email@example.com). For summer semesters, we accept only students who will be starting their third year of law school in the fall.
- Legal internships for the fall, spring and summer semesters with the Denver field office of EPA's Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance, Mobile Source Enforcement Branch: contact Tahani Rivers (303-312-7155; firstname.lastname@example.org). For summer semesters, we accept only students who will be starting their third year of law school in the fall.
- New York City (Region 2)
- Philadelphia (Region 3)
- San Francisco (Region 9)
- Seattle (Region 10)