Integrated Risk Information System (IRIS)
|IRIS Most Viewed Chemicals||Full List of IRIS Chemicals|
|Acrylamide Arsenic, inorganic Benzene Bisphenol A||Cadmium Chromium (VI) 1,4-Dioxane Formaldehyde||Mercury, elemental Methylmercury (MeHg) Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) Silver|
EPA's Integrated Risk Information System (IRIS) is a human health assessment program that evaluates information on health effects that may result from exposure to environmental contaminants. Through the IRIS Program, EPA provides the highest quality science-based human health assessments to support the Agency's regulatory activities. The IRIS database is web accessible and contains information on more than 550 chemical substances. Learn more.
What's New in IRIS
- 12/4/13: EPA is announcing the February IRIS Bimonthly Public Meeting and availability of some preliminary draft meeting materials.
- 11/7/13: EPA receives the National Research Council (NRC) Interim Report that describes recommendations to the IRIS Program for developing an updated assessment of inorganic arsenic. [NRC Press Release Nov 7, 2013]
- 10/23/13: IRIS rescheduled the next IRIS Bimonthly Public Meeting to December 12-13, 2013.
- 10/23/13: IRIS rescheduled the Mouse Lung Tumor Workshop to January 2014.
- 09/30/13: EPA announced the availability of the final IRIS Toxicological Review and IRIS Summary for Methanol (Noncancer). The Interagency Science Discussion Draft of the Methanol (Noncancer) IRIS assessment was also released.
- 09/20/13: EPA announced the availability of the final IRIS Toxicological Review and IRIS Summary for 1,4-Dioxane. The Interagency Science Discussion Draft of the 1,4-Dioxane IRIS assessment (with Inhalation Update) was also released.
Draft Assessments under External Peer Review
- Ammonia – Revised (08/28/13)
- Trimethylbenzenes – Revised (08/28/13)
- Benzo[a]pyrene (08/21/13)
- Ethylene Oxide (inhalation cancer) - Revised (07/23/13)
Recent Final Assessments
- Methanol (09/30/13)
- 1,4-Dioxane (09/20/13)
- Biphenyl (08/27/13)
- Tetrahydrofuran (02/21/12)
- 2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (02/17/12)
|Recent Additions Basic Information IRIS Calendar IRIS Process A to Z List of IRIS Substances||Advanced Search Compare IRIS Values IRIS Guidance Download IRIS||IRISTrack Site Help & Tools Archived Drafts & Comments Related Links|