Integrated Risk Information System (IRIS)
|IRIS Most Viewed Chemicals||Full List of IRIS Chemicals|
|Acrylamide Arsenic, inorganic Benzene Bisphenol A||Cadmium Chromium (VI) 1,4-Dioxane Formaldehyde||Mercury, elemental Methylmercury (MeHg) Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) Silver|
EPA's Integrated Risk Information System (IRIS) is a human health assessment program that evaluates information on health effects that may result from exposure to environmental contaminants. Through the IRIS Program, EPA provides the highest quality science-based human health assessments to support the Agency's regulatory activities. The IRIS database is web accessible and contains information on more than 550 chemical substances. Learn more.
What's New in IRIS
- SAVE THE DATE: EPA’s formaldehyde workshop tentatively scheduled for April 29-30. More details coming soon.
- 3/6/14: EPA announces the availability of preliminary materials for diethyl phthalate (DEP) and hexabromocyclododecane (HBCD) for the April IRIS Bimonthly Public Meeting
- 2/26/14: EPA confirmed the dates for the April IRIS Bimonthly Public Meeting for April 23-24, 2014.
- 2/12/14: To provide the public with additional time to prepare, EPA SAB staff office is rescheduling the February 18-20 meeting of the SAB Chemical Assessment Advisory Committee (CAAC). The EPA SAB staff office will announce a new date in the near future.
- 1/30/14: EPA's SAB Chemical Assessment Advisory Committee (CAAC) announced a 3-day meeting scheduled for Feb. 18-20, 2014.
- 1/29/14: EPA requested nominations of experts for the Chemical Assessment Advisory Committee for review of upcoming IRIS Assessments
- 1/16/14: EPA cancels the February 26-27 IRIS Bimonthly Public Meeting. The next meeting is scheduled for April 2014.
- 1/7-8/14: EPA hosted the Mouse Lung Tumor Workshop in RTP, NC and via webinar.
Draft Assessments under Review
- Ammonia – Revised (08/28/13)
- Trimethylbenzenes – Revised (08/28/13)
- Benzo[a]pyrene (08/21/13)
- Ethylene Oxide (inhalation cancer) - Revised (07/23/13)
Recent Final Assessments
- Methanol (09/30/13)
- 1,4-Dioxane (09/20/13)
- Biphenyl (08/27/13)
- Tetrahydrofuran (02/21/12)
- 2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (02/17/12)
|Recent Additions Basic Information IRIS Calendar IRIS Process A to Z List of IRIS Substances||Advanced Search Compare IRIS Values IRIS Guidance Download IRIS||IRISTrack Site Help & Tools Archived Drafts & Comments Related Links|