Integrated Risk Information System (IRIS)
|IRIS Most Viewed Chemicals||Full List of IRIS Chemicals|
|Acrylamide Arsenic, inorganic Benzene Bisphenol A||Cadmium Chromium (VI) 1,4-Dioxane Formaldehyde||Mercury, elemental Methylmercury (MeHg) Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) Silver|
EPA's Integrated Risk Information System (IRIS) is a human health assessment program that evaluates information on health effects that may result from exposure to environmental contaminants. Through the IRIS Program, EPA provides the highest quality science-based human health assessments to support the Agency's regulatory activities. The IRIS database is web accessible and contains information on more than 550 chemical substances. Learn more.
What's New in IRIS
- 04/21/15: NCEA is announcing upcoming workshops to discuss and evaluate topics in risk assessment that are designed to engage the broader scientific community, interested stakeholders, and the public.
- 04/17/15: EPA is announcing the availability of scoping and problem formulation materials specific to the IRIS assessment for PCBs (effects other than cancer), for the June 17-18 IRIS Bimonthly Public Science Meeting. Meeting registration is now open.
- 03/30/15: The National Academies' National Research council (NRC) is accepting nominations for experts to participate in the June 2015 IRIS public science meeting on PCBs. The Nominations may be submitted until April 13, 2015 at the NRC website.
- 03/18/15: EPA is announcing the availability of preliminary discussion topics specific to polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) at the upcoming June IRIS public science meeting scheduled for June 17-18, 2015 in Arlington, Virginia.
- 03/13/15: EPA posted the presentations for the February 2015 IRIS Bimonthly Public Meeting on BBP, DINP, and DBP.
- 03/11/15: EPA announced two schedule adjustments for the remaining 2015 IRIS bimonthly meetings 1) the April 29-30, 2015 meeting is cancelled; and 2) the bimonthly meeting originally scheduled for September 2-3, 2015 will be moved to August 26-27, 2015. Save the September dates for a workshop that will be announced on the website shortly!
Preliminary Draft Materials (by Chemical)
- Arsenic (inorganic)
- Butyl Benzyl Phthalate (BBP), Diisobutyl Phthalate (DIBP) & Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)
- Chromium (VI) Part 1 & Part 2
- Diethyl Phthalate (DEP) & Hexabromocyclododecane (HBCD)
- Diisononyl Phthalate (DINP)
- ETBE, Tert-Butanol, RDX, EtO and BaP
Draft Assessments under Review
- Ammonia - Revised Aug 2013
- Benzo[a]pyrene - Released Sep 2014
- Ethylene Oxide (inhalation cancer) - Revised Aug 2014
- Trimethylbenzenes - Revised Aug 2013
|Recent Additions Basic Information IRIS Calendar IRIS Process A to Z List of IRIS Substances||Advanced Search Compare IRIS Values IRIS Guidance Download IRIS||IRISTrack Site Help & Tools Archived Drafts & Comments Related Links|
IRIS Science Blogs
IRIS Quick Links
Have General Comments for the IRIS Program?
In response to public feedback, EPA has opened a "General Comments Docket" to receive feedback that has broad applicability to the IRIS Program. Comment in the General Docket
NOTE: This docket does not replace the IRIS Hotline, but rather provides another avenue to submit feedback to the IRIS Program.