Integrated Risk Information System (IRIS)
|IRIS Most Viewed Chemicals||Full List of IRIS Chemicals|
|Acrylamide Arsenic, inorganic Benzene Bisphenol A||Cadmium Chromium (VI) 1,4-Dioxane Formaldehyde||Mercury, elemental Methylmercury (MeHg) Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) Silver|
EPA's Integrated Risk Information System (IRIS) is a human health assessment program that evaluates information on health effects that may result from exposure to environmental contaminants. Through the IRIS Program, EPA provides the highest quality science-based human health assessments to support the Agency's regulatory activities. The IRIS database is web accessible and contains information on more than 550 chemical substances. Learn more.
What's New in IRIS
- 8/15/14: EPA announces the availability of the draft IRIS assessment of ethylene oxide (Evaluation of the Inhalation Carcinogenicity of Ethylene oxide) for peer review by the SAB CAAC.
- 8/11/14: EPA’s SAB staff office announced a public teleconference and face-to-face meeting for the review of the draft IRIS assessment of ethylene oxide. The draft assessment will be posted on the IRIS web site on or about August 15th.
- 7/25/14: EPA announced availability of problem formulation materials and opened registration for the September IRIS Public Science Meeting, September 3-4th.
- 7/24: EPA posted the presentations from the April 2014 bimonthly public meeting.
- 5/29/14: EPA announced an October 2014 workshop to discuss some specific recommendations from the National Research Council’s May 2014 report on IRIS.
- 5/6/14: The National Research Council (NRC) releases their review of the IRIS assessment development process
Preliminary Draft Materials (by Chemical)
Draft Assessments under Review
- Ammonia – Revised (08/28/13)
- Trimethylbenzenes – Revised (08/28/13)
- Ethylene Oxide (inhalation cancer) - Revised (08/15/14)
|Recent Additions Basic Information IRIS Calendar IRIS Process A to Z List of IRIS Substances||Advanced Search Compare IRIS Values IRIS Guidance Download IRIS||IRISTrack Site Help & Tools Archived Drafts & Comments Related Links|
IRIS Science Blogs
IRIS Quick Links
Have General Comments for the IRIS Program?
In response to public feedback, EPA has opened a "General Comments Docket" to receive feedback that has broad applicability to the IRIS Program. Comment in the General Docket
NOTE: This docket does not replace the IRIS Hotline, but rather provides another avenue to submit feedback to the IRIS Program.