Integrated Risk Information System (IRIS)
|IRIS Most Viewed Chemicals||Full List of IRIS Chemicals|
|Acrylamide Arsenic, inorganic Benzene Bisphenol A||Cadmium Chromium (VI) 1,4-Dioxane Formaldehyde||Mercury, elemental Methylmercury (MeHg) Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) Silver|
EPA's Integrated Risk Information System (IRIS) is a human health assessment program that evaluates information on health effects that may result from exposure to environmental contaminants. Through the IRIS Program, EPA provides the highest quality science-based human health assessments to support the Agency's regulatory activities. The IRIS database is web accessible and contains information on more than 550 chemical substances. Learn more.
What's New in IRIS
- 10/15/14: EPA is announcing that the IRIS Bimonthly Public Science Meetings will be supplemented by scientific experts identified by the National Research Council (NRC).
- 10/8/14: EPA posted the agenda and key science questions for the IRIS Public Science Meeting scheduled for October 29-30th.
- 9/29/14: EPA announced the December IRIS Public Science Meeting to be held December 15-16th and the availability of preliminary materials for butyl benzyl phthalate (BBP) & diisobutyl phthalate (DIBP).
- 9/25/14: EPA announces the availability of the draft IRIS assessment of benzo[a]pyrene for peer review by the SAB-CAAC Panel.
- 9/25/14: EPA posted the agenda for the IRIS Workshop on NRC Recommendations scheduled for October 15-16th.
- 9/4/14: EPA announced the availability of preliminary materials for hexavalent chromium (Part 2) for discussion at the October 29-30 IRIS Public Meeting. Registration is now open.
- 8/29/14: EPA announced the October IRIS Public Science Meeting to be held October 29-30th and the availability of preliminary materials for diisononyl phthalate (DINP).
Preliminary Draft Materials (by Chemical)
- Arsenic (inorganic)
- Butyl Benzyl Phthalate (BBP) & Diisobutyl Phthalate (DIBP)
- Chromium (VI) Part 1 & Part 2
- Diethyl Phthalate (DEP) & Hexabromocyclododecane (HBCD)
- Diisononyl Phthalate (DINP)
- ETBE, Tert-Butanol, RDX, EtO and BaP
Draft Assessments under Review
|Recent Additions Basic Information IRIS Calendar IRIS Process A to Z List of IRIS Substances||Advanced Search Compare IRIS Values IRIS Guidance Download IRIS||IRISTrack Site Help & Tools Archived Drafts & Comments Related Links|
IRIS Science Blogs
IRIS Quick Links
Have General Comments for the IRIS Program?
In response to public feedback, EPA has opened a "General Comments Docket" to receive feedback that has broad applicability to the IRIS Program. Comment in the General Docket
NOTE: This docket does not replace the IRIS Hotline, but rather provides another avenue to submit feedback to the IRIS Program.