Lean in Government Starter Kit (Version 3.0)
The Lean in Government Starter Kit: How to Plan and Implement Successful Lean Initiatives at Environment Agencies, Version 3.0 is designed to help government agencies plan and implement successful Lean events. The Starter Kit contains practical tools, resources, and tips for:
- Understanding what Lean is
- How to select a Lean project
- How to scope and prepare for a Lean event
- How to conduct and manage the phases of a Lean event
- How to implement follow-up activities after a Lean event, ensure accountability, and evaluate performance
- How to diffuse Lean activity and become a Lean enterprise
The Starter Kit answers questions to help agency managers determine whether Lean is right for their agencies, provides practical “how to” guidance on implementing Lean events successfully, and presents ideas for agencies interested in expanding their Lean initiatives. The underlying goal of this Starter Kit is to provide information, tools, and resources that agencies can use to develop or incorporate into a Lean continual improvement system. Each section includes a set of downloadable resources that can be tailored to meet the specific needs of an agency.
- Access the downloadable Starter Kit Resources.