Brownfields Area-Wide Planning Grants: Opportunities to Align and Leverage Partnership Investments
Wednesday, August 20, 2014, 1:00-2:00 Eastern Time
This fifth anniversary Partnership for Sustainable Communities webinar focused on EPA's Brownfields Area-Wide Planning Grants Program and how the activities under this grant can easily align with and support other PSC investments. Speakers from Chicopee, MA (an FY 2010 grantee), the Environmental Health Coalition (an FY2013 grantee) and National City, CA discussed their projects and how to leverage multiple investments to advance brownfields redevelopment goals. Learn more about the Brownfields Area-Wide Planning Program at http://www.epa.gov/brownfields/areawide_grants.htm.
- Aimee Storm, Brownfields Area-Wide Planning Program Lead, Office of Brownfields and Land Revitalization, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Sahar Shirazi, Policy Analyst, Office of the Secretary, U.S. Department of Transportation
- Naomi Friedman, Community Liaison and Outreach Coordinator, Office of Economic Resilience, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Lee Pouliot, Planner & Administrator, City of Chicopee, Massachusetts
- Carlos Aguirre, Community Development Specialist, City of National City, California
- Carolina Martinez, Policy Advocate, Environmental Health Coalition
Who Should Attend
Planners; local brownfields coordinators; economic development specialists; community leaders; state, local, and federal government staff; academics; researchers; and others interested in using an area-wide approach to address brownfields-related challenges
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the slides and recording.