Webinars and Podcasts
EPA's Office of Sustainable Communities hosts a variety of webinars on smart growth topics. If you have questions about upcoming webinars, please email email@example.com.
Building Blocks for Sustainable Communities Training Academy
EPA's Office of Sustainable Communities invites you to participate in a listening session on design of the new Building Blocks for Sustainable Communities Training Academy on Tuesday, June 11, from 3:00 - 4:00 Eastern.
EPA delivers technical assistance through Building Blocks for Sustainable Communities. As part of this effort, we have developed 12 workshop tools that address common challenges faced by communities working to create more sustainable neighborhoods, cities, and regions. The next step is to create a training program for staff from public agencies and nonprofit organizations that provide technical assistance to communities. The training program will help these staff understand the Building Blocks tools and incorporate them into their technical assistance.
During this listening session, we will gather input from key stakeholders on how best to design the training program, including specific questions such as:
- Who is the best target audience for this kind of training?
- Should it be a one-day training, two-day training, or some other format?
- Should training sessions be coordinated with major national conferences or held as separate events?
Who Should Attend
- Staff from public sector, private sector, and nonprofit organizations that provide technical assistance to communities
- Federal agencies and philanthropic organizations that support technical assistance programs
Tuesday, June 11, 3:00-4:00 Eastern
- No pre-registration is required.
- Dial into the conference call at 1-866-299-3188, participant code 2025662950.
- Click on https://epa.connectsolutions.com/epasmartgrowth . Log in as a guest.
- Please test your computer before attending the meeting at http://admin.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
- The Connection Test checks your computer to make sure all system requirements are met. If you pass the first three steps of the test, then you are ready to participate in a meeting.
- If you do not pass the test, perform the suggested actions and run the test again.
- How Communities Are Using Equitable Development and Smart Growth Strategies to Create Neighborhoods That Are Healthy, Sustainable, and Inclusive
- Urban Growth Trends in U.S. Metropolitan Regions: A Tale of Two Studies
- Moline, IL & Cincinnati, OH: Transit-Oriented Development That Is Transforming Communities
- Government Support for Environmental Justice and the BGreen 2020 Plan in Bridgeport, Connecticut
- EPA's Building Blocks for Sustainable Communities Program
- School Siting and Community Planning
- Essential Smart Growth Fixes: Ideas for Rural Communities
- Brownfields Area-Wide Planning Grants: Opportunities for Local Governments and Nonprofits
- Creating a Unique Public Space: The Uptown Roundabout in Normal, IL with Mayor Chris Koos
- Transforming the Old North St. Louis Neighborhood, with Opening Remarks by Mayor Francis Slay
- Reimagining Rural: Green Building Boosts Economy in Howard, South Dakota
EPA's Office of Sustainable Communities has supported the National Building Museum's Smart Growth Speaker Series since 2008. Visit the National Building Museum's Smart Growth page for audio recordings from these events.