EPA Smart Growth Grants and Other Funding
- Request for Grant Proposals (RFP) - Announcements
- More Information About EPA Smart Growth Grants
- Other Funding Resources
The Office of Sustainable Communities sometimes offers grants to support activities that improve the quality of development and protect human health and the environment. When these grants are offered, they will always be announced on this page, on Grants.gov, and on EPA's Smart Growth Listserv. To subscribe to the listserv, visit http://yosemite.epa.gov/opei/opeipub.nsf/Membership.
If you see a grant for which you wish to apply:
- Read the Request for Proposals (RFP) carefully to determine what activities or projects are eligible.
- If you are not familiar with the EPA's smart growth program, review our Web pages to learn about what we do.
- Submit your proposal according to the instructions in the RFP.
- You can set up an email alert on www.grants.gov to be notified automatically when a grant featuring a search term, such as "smart growth," is posted.
- Check EPA's main grants page for helpful tips on writing a grant proposal and policies and regulations covering grants.
- We accept grant proposals only for open solicitations.
Request for Grant Proposals (RFP) - Announcements
There are no requests for proposals at this time.
More Information About EPA Smart Growth Grants
Grants Awarded in 2014
EPA awarded the Maryland Department of Planning (MDP) a cooperative agreement to maintain and further develop the Smart Growth Information Clearinghouse, a web-based national information clearinghouse (www.smartgrowth.org) that functions as a "one stop shop" for information on effective smart growth approaches that can help communities ensure their development choices deliver environmental, economic, and quality-of-life benefits. The clearinghouse also serves as the virtual home of the Smart Growth Network , a nationally recognized coalition of leadership organizations that have formally endorsed the principles of smart growth. MDP will work with the Smart Growth Network partners to ensure that the web content reflects their activities and includes field-tested best practices, case studies, and information on emerging issues. This award was made in response to a competitive request for proposals titled "OSC Request for Proposals for National Smart Growth Conference Planning" (EPA-OP-OSC-13-01). Submissions for that RFP were due May 12, 2014.
- Grants Awarded in 2013
- Grants Awarded in 2011
- Grants Awarded in 2009
- Grants Awarded in 2008
- Grants Awarded in 2007
- Grants Awarded in 2005
- Grants Awarded in 2004
- Children's Health Grants Awarded in 2004
- Grants Awarded in 2003
- Grants Awarded in 2002
EPA has compiled lists of other funding resources for tribal, state, and local governments; communities; and non-governmental organizations that are seeking funding to address various aspects of smart growth.