Landfill Methane Outreach Program
Note: EPA no longer updates this information, but it may be useful as a reference or resource.
Ajinomoto USA LFG Energy Project
- Raleigh, North Carolina
- End User(s):
- Ajinomoto USA, Inc.
- Wilder's Grove Landfill
- Landfill Size:
- 5.6 million tons waste-in-place (2002)
- Project Type:
- Boiler (co-fired with natural gas)
- Project Size:
- 1,111 standard cubic feet per minute (scfm)
- Environmental Benefits:
- Carbon sequestered annually by 3,000 acres of pine or fir forests, annual greenhouse gas emissions from 2,600 passenger vehicles, or carbon dioxide emissions from 32,200 barrels of oil consumed. Annual energy savings equate to heating 3,800 homes. Estimated emissions reductions of 0.0038 million metric tons of carbon equivalents.
- LMOP Partners Involved:
- Ajinomoto USA, Inc., Palmer Capital Corporation
- Last Updated: