Landfill Methane Outreach Program
Note: EPA no longer updates this information, but it may be useful as a reference or resource.
Dominion East Ohio Gas Medium Btu Landfill Gas
- Waynesburg, Ohio
- End User(s):
- Dominion East Ohio Gas
- American Landfill
- Landfill Size:
- 23.2 million tons waste-in-place (2008)
- Project Type:
- Medium Btu (directly injecting unprocessed landfill gas into a natural gas reserve)
- Project Size:
- 2,847 standard cubic feet per minute (scfm)
- Environmental Benefits:
- Carbon sequestered annually by 7,600 acres of pine or fir forests, annual greenhouse gas emissions from 6,800 passenger vehicles, or carbon dioxide emissions from 82,600 barrels of oil consumed. Annual energy savings equate to heating 9,700 homes. Estimated emissions reductions of 0.0097 million metric tons of carbon equivalents.
- LMOP Partners Involved:
- CPL Systems Inc., Horizon LFG, Inc., Waste Management, Inc.
- Last Updated: