Landfill Methane Outreach Program
Note: EPA no longer updates this information, but it may be useful as a reference or resource.
Fitchburg-Westminster LFG Energy Project
- Westminster, Massachusetts
- End User(s):
- Pine Tree Biogas
- Fitchburg-Westminster Landfill
- Landfill Size:
- 4.25 million tons waste-in-place
- Project Type:
- Steam Turbine
- Project Size:
- 2.09 megawatts (MW)
- Environmental Benefits:
- Carbon sequestered annually by 2,000 acres of pine or fir forests, annual greenhouse gas emissions from 1,800 passenger vehicles, or carbon dioxide emissions from 22,300 barrels of oil consumed. Annual energy savings equate to powering 1,200 homes. Estimated emissions reductions of 0.0026 million metric tons of carbon equivalents.
- LMOP Partners Involved:
- Fortistar Methane Group, Waste Management, Inc.
- Last Updated: