Landfill Methane Outreach Program
Note: EPA no longer updates this information, but it may be useful as a reference or resource.
Ford Motor Company LFG Energy Project
- Wayne, Michigan
- End User(s):
- Ford Motor Company
- Auto manufacturing
- Woodland Meadows Landfills - North, South, and Van Buren
- Landfill Size:
- 2.94, 6.3, and 13.8 million tons waste-in-place (2003, 2003, and 2002), respectively
- Project Type:
- Reciprocating Engine (three) and Boiler
- Project Size:
- 3.5 megawatts (MW)
- Environmental Benefits:
- Carbon sequestered annually by 3,400 acres of pine or fir forests, annual greenhouse gas emissions from 3,100 passenger vehicles, or carbon dioxide emissions from 37,400 barrels of oil consumed. Annual energy savings equate to powering 2,100 homes. Estimated emissions reductions of 0.0044 million metric tons of carbon equivalents.
- LMOP Partners Involved:
- Ameresco, Inc., Waste Management, Inc.
- Last Updated: