Landfill Methane Outreach Program
General Electric LFG Energy Boiler Project
- Louisville, Kentucky
- End User(s):
- General Electric
- Outer Loop Recycling and Disposal Facility
- Landfill Size:
- 9.7 million tons waste-in-place (2007)
- Project Type:
- Project Size:
- 500 standard cubic feet per minute (scfm)
- Environmental Benefits:
- Carbon sequestered annually by 1,300 acres of pine or fir forests, annual greenhouse gas emissions from 1,200 passenger vehicles, or carbon dioxide emissions from 14,500 barrels of oil consumed. Annual energy savings equate to heating 1,700 homes. Estimated emissions reductions of 0.0017 million metric tons of carbon equivalents.
- LMOP Partners Involved:
- Horizon LFG, Inc., Waste Management, Inc.
- Last Updated: