Landfill Methane Outreach Program
Note: EPA no longer updates this information, but it may be useful as a reference or resource.
General Motors Lake Orion, MI Assembly Plant
- Lake Orion, Michigan
- End User(s):
- General Motors Corporation
- Auto manufacturing
- Oakland Heights Development and Eagle Valley Landfill
- Landfill Size:
- 3 and 5.7 million tons waste-in-place (1999 and 2002), respectively
- Project Type:
- Project Size:
- 1,500 standard cubic feet per minute (scfm)
- Environmental Benefits:
- Carbon sequestered annually by 20,900 acres of pine or fir forests, annual greenhouse gas emissions from 18,800 passenger vehicles, or carbon dioxide emissions from 228,200 barrels of oil consumed. Annual energy savings equate to heating 5,100 homes. Estimated emissions reductions of 0.0268 million metric tons of carbon equivalents.
- LMOP Partners Involved:
- General Motors Corporation, Horizon LFG, Inc., Republic Services, Inc., Waste Management, Inc.
- Last Updated: