Landfill Methane Outreach Program
Note: EPA no longer updates this information, but it may be useful as a reference or resource.
Linwood Mining LFG Energy Kiln Project
- Davenport, Iowa
- End User(s):
- Linwood Mining & Minerals
- Scott County Landfill
- Landfill Size:
- 2.28 million tons waste-in-place
- Project Type:
- Direct Thermal (lime kilns)
- Project Size:
- 625 standard cubic feet per minute (scfm)
- Environmental Benefits:
- Carbon sequestered annually by 15,800 acres of pine or fir forests, annual greenhouse gas emissions from 14,100 passenger vehicles, or carbon dioxide emissions from 172,000 barrels of oil consumed. Annual energy savings equate to heating 2,100 homes. Estimated emissions reductions of 0.0202 million metric tons of carbon equivalents.
- Last Updated: