Landfill Methane Outreach Program
Note: EPA no longer updates this information, but it may be useful as a reference or resource.
Stony Hollow & Pinnacle Road High Btu Project
- Dayton, Ohio
- End User(s):
- DTE Energy
- Stony Hollow and Pinnacle Road landfills
- Landfill Size:
- 7.6 and 6.15 million tons waste-in-place, respectively (2005, 2003)
- Project Type:
- High Btu
- Project Size:
- 1,856 standard cubic feet per minute (scfm)
- Environmental Benefits:
- Carbon sequestered annually by 4,900 acres of pine or fir forests, annual greenhouse gas emissions from 4,400 passenger vehicles, or carbon dioxide emissions from 53,800 barrels of oil consumed. Annual energy savings equate to heating 6,300 homes. Estimated emissions reductions of 0.0063 million metric tons of carbon equivalents.
- LMOP Partners Involved:
- DTE Biomass Energy, DTE Energy, Waste Management, Inc.
- Last Updated: