Landfill Methane Outreach Program
Note: EPA no longer updates this information, but it may be useful as a reference or resource.
Zeeland Farm Soya LFG Energy Boiler Project
- Zeeland, Michigan
- End User(s):
- Zeeland Farm Soya
- Food products
- Autumn Hills Recycling & Disposal Facility
- Landfill Size:
- 3 million tons waste-in-place (2001)
- Project Type:
- Project Size:
- 1,146 standard cubic feet per minute (scfm)
- Environmental Benefits:
- Carbon sequestered annually by 3,000 acres of pine or fir forests, annual greenhouse gas emissions from 2,700 passenger vehicles, or carbon dioxide emissions from 33,200 barrels of oil consumed. Annual energy savings equate to heating 3,900 homes. Estimated emissions reductions of 0.0039 million metric tons of carbon equivalents.
- LMOP Partners Involved:
- Holland Engineering, Inc., North American Natural Resources, Inc. (NANR), Waste Management, Inc.
- Last Updated: