Landfill Methane Outreach Program
LMOP National Landfill Gas Energy Workshop
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more about PDF, and for a link to the free Acrobat Reader.
The LMOP National Landfill Gas Energy Workshop was held in New Orleans, Louisiana on March 19, 2015. The workshop featured two technical sessions followed by the presentation of the 2014 LMOP Partner and Project of the Year Awards.
The presentations from the workshop are provided below. If you have difficulty accessing or obtaining the information from these PDF documents, please contact LMOP.
LMOP Welcome and Technical Session 1
Moderated by Swarupa Ganguli, LMOP, U.S. EPA
- LMOP National Landfill Gas Energy Workshop – Welcome Presentation (PDF, 17 pp, 1.6 MB)
Swarupa Ganguli, LMOP, U.S. EPA
- North American Energy: Where Do We Go From Here?
John Armstrong, BP North America Gas and Power
This presentation is not available for viewing.
- Alternatives to Electrification of Landfill Gas: Obtaining Investment for LFG to Direct Use, Pipeline Injection and CNG (PDF, 15 pp, 428k)
Douglas Lamb, McGuire Woods LLP
Technical Session 2
Moderated by Melissa Hulting, Region 5, U.S. EPA
- Do It Yourself (DIY) Electric Generation (PDF, 45 pp, 4.9 MB)
John Baron, Cape May County Municipal Utilities Authority
- Best Practices in Landfill Gas Emissions Management: The Kansas Experience (PDF, 25 pp, 6.2 MB)
Sam Sunderraj, Kansas Department of Health and Environment
- Expansion Pitfalls, Permitting and Compliance – A Case Study (PDF, 23 pp, 2.1 MB)
Angela Krueger, Civil and Environmental Consultants, Inc.
Presentation of 2014 LMOP Partner & Project of the Year Awards
- 2014 LMOP Partner & Project of the Year Awards (PDF, 7 pp, 1.7 MB)
Kirsten Cappel, LMOP, U.S. EPA
- 2014 Project of the Year: Large-Scale Direct-Use
Seneca Energy II Renewable Natural Gas Facility – Waterloo, New York
From Power Generation to Vehicle Fuel — Shifting Paradigms (PDF, 19 pp, 2.0 MB)
Richard M. DiGia, Aria Energy
- 2014 Project of the Year: Electricity
Sand Valley Landfill Gas to Electric Plant – Collinsville, Alabama
Sand Valley Landfill Gas to Electricity Project: A Real Community Success Project (PDF, 13 pp, 2.5 MB)
Steve Cowman, Energy Developments, Inc.
- 2014 Community Partner of the Year
Hancock County – Findlay, Ohio
Hancock County Landfill Gas to Electric Project (PDF, 16 pp, 1.9 MB)
Steve Wilson, Hancock County, Ohio