Products & Publications
You will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to view
some of the files on this page.
See EPA's PDF page to learn more about PDF, and for a link to the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Complete List of Division Publications
- Search EPA Publications by Author(s), Title, Keyword(s) using EPA's Online Library System
- National Center for Environmental Publications/NSCEP: a site for Reports in the EPA Reports series and some other free EPA print and digital documents.
- List of Division Presentations (PDF) (2 pp, 23K)
- ASTER - a structure-activity
based expert system that provides information on toxic effects,
physical/chemical properties, and fate and exposure models.
- Biota-Sediment Accumulation
Factor data set assembled from Superfund site data.
- ECOTOX Database - provides
chemical-specific toxicity values for aquatic life, terrestrial plants, and terrestrial wildlife.
- Estrogen Receptor (ER) Expert Systems for Chemical Priorization - compilation of data, meeting documents, and related files used in the development of ER expert systems.
- Fathead Minnow Database - compilation of acute toxicity test results for the fathead
minnow conducted at the Mid-Continent Ecology Division.
- Markov Chain Nest Productivity Model (MCnest) - estimates chemical effects on the annual reproductive success of bird populations.
- MCestimate - multistate statistical model for estimation of competing risks.
- PCBRes Database -
the PCB Residue Effects (PCBRes) Database was developed to assist
scientists and risk assessors in correlating PCB and dioxin-like
compound residues with toxic effects.
- StatCharrms - (Statistical analysis of Chemistry, Histopathology, and Reproduction endpoints using Repeated measures and Multi-generation Studies) is a graphic user front end for ease of use in analyzing data generated from the Medaka Extended One Generation Reproduction Test (MEOGRT) and Larval Amphibian Gonad Development Assay (LAGDA).
- Toxicity Relationship Analysis Program (TRAP) Version 1.30a - software for fitting sigmoidal toxicity versus exposure relationships to standard toxicity test data.
- Toxicity Residue Database - compilation of toxicity / tissue residue results for aquatic organisms exposed to organic and inorganic compounds.
- MED in Review Newsletter
- Spring 2012 - (PDF) (13pp, 632K)
- December 2011 - (PDF) (13pp, 692K)
- Summer 2011 - (PDF) (10pp, 602K)
- Spring 2011 - (PDF) (10pp, 544K)
- Winter 2011 - (PDF) (10pp, 587K)
- Summer 2010 - (PDF) (13pp, 867K)
- Spring 2010 - (PDF) (10pp, 441K)
- For prior issues, please visit the National Center for Environmental Publications/NSCEP Website
- Other EPA publication Websites
The Mid-Continent Ecology Division Library was founded in 1967 to support research staff at the Division in predicting and assessing the effects of pollutants and other stressors on our nation's freshwater resources. The library contains 8,000 titles, 140 journal titles, 55 active journal subscriptions, an extensive reprint collection, EPA microfiche reports, and over 2,000 federal, state, and local documents. Most of the library's book and journal holdings are electronically displayed on EPA's Online Library System: Search MED Library (OLS). Major fields of interest include analytical chemistry, aquatic biology, aquatic toxicology, contaminated sediment research, effluent testing, freshwater ecology, global climate change (ecological effects), Great Lakes ecology, water pollution, and wetlands.
Lending/Borrowing Policy: Library check out privileges are available to EPA personnel, grantees, and contractors only. The general public is encouraged to obtain materials held in the library through programs set up by their local public, corporate, school, or university libraries. They may also come in and use the library facilities, but may not remove materials.
Open to public: 8:00AM - 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
Mid-Continent Ecology Division Library
John D. Bankson, ASRC Management Services