EPA's Roadmap for Mercury
On July 5, 2006, EPA issued its report titled EPA's Roadmap for Mercury ("Roadmap"). EPA's Roadmap describes the Agency's progress to date in addressing mercury issues domestically and internationally, and outlines EPA's major ongoing and planned actions to address risks associated with mercury.
The Roadmap focuses on six key areas:
- addressing mercury releases to the environment;
- addressing mercury uses in products and industrial processes;
- managing commodity-grade mercury supplies;
- communicating risks to the public;
- addressing international mercury sources; and
- conducting mercury research and monitoring.
The report highlights mercury sources, describes progress to date in addressing mercury sources, and outlines priority activities for addressing remaining mercury risks.
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
View and print the entire Roadmap and the Executive Summary:
View and print individual chapers of the Roadmap: