Microbiological and Chemical Exposure Assessment
- Bukhari, Z., D.M. Holt, M.W. Ware and F.W.Schaefer III. 2007. Blind trials evaluating in vitro infectivity of Cryptosporidium oocysts using cell culture immunofluorscence. Canadian Journal of Microbiology 53(5):656-663.
- Donohue, M.J., J.M. Best, A.W. Smallwood, M. Kostich, M. Rodgers and J.A. Shoemaker. 2007. Differentiation of Aromonas isolates obtained from drinking water distribution system using matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization-mass spectrometry (Maldi-MS). Analytical Chemistry 79(5):1939-1946.
- Glassmeyer, S.T., M.W. Ware, F.W. Schaefer III, J.A. Schoemaker and D.D. Kryak. 2007. An improved method for the analysis of Cryptosporidium parvum oocysts by matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time of flight mass spectroscopy. J. Eukaryotic Microbiology 54(6):479-481.
- Hayes, S.L., M.R. Rodgers, D.J. Lye, G.N. Stelma, C.A. McKinstry, J.M. Malard and S.J. Vesper. 2007. Evaluating virulence of waterborne and clinical Aeromonas isolates using gene expression and mortality in neonatal mice followed by assessing cell culture's ability to predict virulence based on transcriptional response. Journal of Applied Microbiology 103(4):811-820.
- King, D.N., K.P. Brenner and M.R. Rodgers. 2007. A critical evaluation of a flow cytometer used for detecting enterococci in recreational waters. Journal of Water and Health 5(2):295-305.
- Lye, D.J., M.R. Rodgers, G. Stelma, S.J. Vesper and S.L. Hayes. 2007. Characterizaton of Aeromonas virulence using an immunocompromised mouse model. Current Microbiology 54(3):195-198.
- Meklin, T., T. Reponen, C. Mckinstry, S.H. Cho, S.A.Grinshpun, A. Nevalainen, A. Vepsalainen, R.A. Haugland, G. Lemasters and S.J. Vesper. 2007. Comparison of mold concentrations quantified by MSQPCR in indoor and outdoor air sampled simultaneously. Science of the Total Environment 382(1):130-134.
- Miller, T.A. M.W. Ware, L.J. Wymer and F.W. Schaefer III. 2007. Chemically and genetically immunocompromised mice are not more susceptible than immunocompetent mice to infection with Cryptosporidium muris . Veterinary Parasitology 143(2):99-105.
- Miller, T.A. and F.W. Schaefer III. 2007. Characterization of a Cryptosporidium muris infection and reinfection in CF-1 mice. Veterinary Parasitology 144(3-4):208-221.
- Miller, T.A. and F.W. Schaefer III. 2007. Methylprednisolone acetate immune suppression produces differing effects on Cryptosporidium muris oocyst production depending on when administered. Veterinary Parasitology 149(1-2):77-84.
- Miller, T.A. and F.W. Schaefer III. 2007. Changes in mouse circulating leukocyte numbers in C57BL/6 mice immunosuppressed with dexamethasone for Cryptosporidium parvum oocyst production. Veterinary Parasitology 149(3-4):147-157.
- Pfaller, S.L., T.W. Aronson, A.E. Holtzman and T.C. Covert. 2007. Amplified fragment length polymorphism analysis of Mycobacterium avium complex isolates recovered from southern California. Journal of Medical Microbiology 56(9):1152-1160.
- Vesper, S., C. McKinstry, P. Ashley, R. Haugland, K. Yeatts, K. Bradham and E. Svendsen. 2007. Quantitative PCR analysis of molds in the dust from homes of asthmatic children in North Carolina. Journal of Environmental Monitoring 9(8):826-830.
- Vesper, S.J., C. Mckinstry, R.A. Haugland, Y. Iossifova, G. Lemasters, L. Levin, G.K. Khurana Hershey, M. Villareal, D.I. Bernstein, J. Lockey and T. Reponen. 2007. Relative Moldiness Index© as predictor of childhood respiratory illness. Journal of Exposure Science and Environmental Epidemiology 17(1):88-94.
- Vesper, S., C. McKinstry, R. Haugland, L. Wymer, K. Bradham, P. Ashley, D. Cox, G. DeWalt and W. Friedman. 2007. Development of an environmental relative moldiness index for U.S. homes. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine 49(8):829-833.
- Vesper, S.J., R.A. Haugland, M.E. Rogers and A.N. Neely. 2007. Opportunistic Aspergillus pathogens measured in home and hospital tap water by quantitative PCR(QPCR). Journal of Water and Health 5(3):427-431.