Computational Toxicology Research
ToxCast Stakeholder Events
Researchers have been using advances in computational toxicology to address lack of data on the thousands of chemicals. Since 2005, researchers have generated massive amounts of hazard data on thousands chemicals, have started developing innovative chemical exposure prediction models and created a repository of high quality chemical structure data. EPA’s new chemical screening data on 1,800 chemicals is accessible through the interactive Chemical Safety for Sustainability Dashboards (iCSS dashboard) and the complete data sets are available on the ToxCast Data Download webpage. The iCSS dashboard provides user-friendly and customizable access to data from ToxCast and Tox21 high-throughput chemical screening technologies. The chemical data is massive and new which leads to data translation, accessibility & usage challenges. EPA is working to help address these challenges through stakeholder outreach efforts.
- Workshops: The objective is to provide an overview of the data available and tools for accessing this data. Workshops will include presentations describing coverage of the ToxCast data, early interpretation of these data, and demonstration of access to the ToxCast data through the iCSS dashboard. There will also be hands-on opportunities for participants to access these data.
- January 14, 2014: ToxCast Phase II in person stakeholder workshop (Research Triangle Park, NC)
- April 2-3, 2014:ToxCast Phase II stakeholder workshop collaboratively hosted by EPA and FDA
(Washington, DC Area, FDA White Oak Campus Great Room)
- Data Summit: The objective of the 2nd ToxCast Data Summit is to provide partners and external stakeholders an opportunity to explore and demonstrate applications of the ToxCast data. The Summit will provide opportunities for participants to submit abstracts describing analysis of ToxCast data to provide biological insights and/or support policy decisions. At the summit, participants will present and discuss opportunities and challenges for application of the ToxCast data.
- September 29-30, 2014: 2nd ToxCast Data Summit
- For EPA partners with a signed agreements: Sept. 19 at 2 PM.
- Public webinar for ToxCast Phase II data/Dashboards: Early December
- Past CompTox Events
For more information about EPA’s computational toxicology stakeholder outreach efforts, please contact Monica Linnenbrink (Linnenbrink.email@example.com).
Goals and Objectives
The objective of the second ToxCast Data Stakeholder Engagement workshop is to provide an overview of the data available and tools for accessing this data.
The workshop will include presentations describing coverage of the ToxCast data, early interpretation of these data, and demonstration of access to the ToxCast data through the iCSS dashboard. There will also be hands-on opportunities for participants to access these data with support from iCSS dashboard developers.