Integrated Risk Information System (IRIS)
|IRIS Most Viewed Chemicals||Full List of IRIS Chemicals|
|Acrylamide Arsenic, inorganic Benzene Bisphenol A||Cadmium Chromium (VI) 1,4-Dioxane Formaldehyde||Mercury, elemental Methylmercury (MeHg) Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) Silver|
EPA's Integrated Risk Information System (IRIS) is a human health assessment program that evaluates information on health effects that may result from exposure to environmental contaminants. Through the IRIS Program, EPA provides the highest quality science-based human health assessments to support the Agency's regulatory activities. The IRIS database is web accessible and contains information on more than 550 chemical substances. Learn more.
What's New in IRIS
- 5/29/14: EPA announces an October 2014 workshop to discuss some specific recommendations from the National Research Council’s recent report on IRIS
- 5/6/14: The National Research Council (NRC) releases their review of the IRIS assessment development process
- 5/1/14: EPA posts the agenda for the SAB CAAC public teleconference for the review of the IRIS Assessment of Trimethylbenzene- the teleconference will be held May 22
- 4/30/14: EPA opens registration to the June IRIS public science meeting, meeting dates are Jun 25-27
- 4/25/14: EPA announces the availability of preliminary materials for inorganic arsenic for the June IRIS Bimonthly Public Meeting
- 4/17/14: EPA announced the availability of preliminary materials for hexavalent chromium for the June IRIS Bimonthly Public Meeting
- 3/13/14: Have general comments and feedback for the IRIS Program? Check out the new general comments docket!
Preliminary Draft Materials (by Chemical)
Draft Assessments under Review
- Ammonia – Revised (08/28/13)
- Trimethylbenzenes – Revised (08/28/13)
- Benzo[a]pyrene (08/21/13)
- Ethylene Oxide (inhalation cancer) - Revised (07/23/13)
|Recent Additions Basic Information IRIS Calendar IRIS Process A to Z List of IRIS Substances||Advanced Search Compare IRIS Values IRIS Guidance Download IRIS||IRISTrack Site Help & Tools Archived Drafts & Comments Related Links|
IRIS Science Blogs
IRIS Quick Links
Have General Comments for the IRIS Program?
In response to public feedback, EPA has opened a "General Comments Docket" to receive feedback that has broad applicability to the IRIS Program. Comment in the General Docket
NOTE: This docket does not replace the IRIS Hotline, but rather provides another avenue to submit feedback to the IRIS Program.