Integrated Risk Information System (IRIS)
|IRIS Most Viewed Chemicals||Full List of IRIS Chemicals|
|Acrylamide Arsenic, inorganic Benzene Bisphenol A||Cadmium Chromium (VI) 1,4-Dioxane Formaldehyde||Mercury, elemental Methylmercury (MeHg) Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) Silver|
EPA's Integrated Risk Information System (IRIS) is a human health assessment program that evaluates information on health effects that may result from exposure to environmental contaminants. Through the IRIS Program, EPA provides the highest quality science-based human health assessments to support the Agency's regulatory activities. The IRIS database is web accessible and contains information on more than 550 chemical substances. Learn more.
What's New in IRIS
- 7/27/2015: As a result of recent scheduling changes and in consideration of providing adequate time for public review of materials, the IRIS public science meeting scheduled for September 24 is canceled.
- 07/02/15: EPA has released additional information on the epigenetics and cumulative risk workshop to be held on September 2-3, 2015. The public is invited to provide comments on the scope of the workshop and nominate experts to participate in the workshop discussions. Comments and nominations are requested by July 17, 2015.
- 06/15/15: EPA has released a summary table providing history and current status information for active IRIS assessments. The table provides current status information to the public which has been unavailable during the process of rebuilding of the IRIS website. Updated status information will be provided periodically until the new website is online.
- 06/03/15: EPA released the agenda for the June bimonthly public meeting.
- 05/01/15: EPA posted the most recent IRIS Progress Report and Report to Congress. This report, responsive to language in the 2014 Consolidated Appropriations Act and submitted to Congress on February 6, 2015, provides Congress, stakeholders, and the public with an update on the implementation of recommendations from the National Research Council (NRC).
- 04/21/15: NCEA announced several upcoming workshops to discuss and evaluate topics in risk assessment that are designed to engage the broader scientific community, interested stakeholders, and the public.
Preliminary Draft Materials (by Chemical)
- Arsenic (inorganic)
- Butyl Benzyl Phthalate (BBP), Diisobutyl Phthalate (DIBP) & Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)
- Chromium (VI) Part 1 & Part 2
- Diethyl Phthalate (DEP) & Hexabromocyclododecane (HBCD)
- Diisononyl Phthalate (DINP)
- ETBE, Tert-Butanol, RDX, EtO and BaP
Draft Assessments under Review
- Ammonia - Revised Aug 2013
- Benzo[a]pyrene - Released Sep 2014
- Ethylene Oxide (inhalation cancer) - Revised Aug 2014
- Trimethylbenzenes - Revised Aug 2013
|Recent Additions Basic Information IRIS Calendar IRIS Process A to Z List of IRIS Substances||Advanced Search Compare IRIS Values IRIS Guidance Download IRIS||IRISTrack Site Help & Tools Archived Drafts & Comments Related Links|
IRIS Science Blogs
IRIS Quick Links
Have General Comments for the IRIS Program?
In response to public feedback, EPA has opened a "General Comments Docket" to receive feedback that has broad applicability to the IRIS Program. Comment in the General Docket
NOTE: This docket does not replace the IRIS Hotline, but rather provides another avenue to submit feedback to the IRIS Program.