UPDATE: EPA has finalized the Agenda for the upcoming formaldehyde workshop to be held on April 30th and May 1st, 2014, at the Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport in Arlington, Virginia. New details provided in the final Agenda include a list of confirmed speakers, additional information on the timing and format of the workshop sessions, slightly revised discussion questions which have been edited to improve clarity, and a description of the recently-added “wrap-up” session at the end of the workshop.
EPA is currently revising its Integrated Risk Information System (IRIS) assessment of formaldehyde. This assessment addresses both noncancer and cancer human health effects that may result from chronic inhalation exposure to this chemical. To facilitate discussion of several scientific issues pertinent to the assessment, EPA will convene a state-of-the-science workshop. This workshop will be open to the public, broadcast by webinar/teleconference, and will take place in Arlington, VA.
The formaldehyde workshop will be held in Arlington, VA. If you are unable to attend this meeting in person, please consider registering to attend the meeting via the webinar/teleconference. To keep you informed regarding IRIS Program updates, all attendees who register for this event will also be added to the IRIS mailing list. If you decide that you do not want to receive these updates, you can unsubscribe from the mailing list at any time.
When filling out the form, please include your full name, email address, telephone number, affiliation, and sponsoring company/organization.
Registration for attendance: To encourage participation by people who cannot travel to the meeting site, we will also conduct the meeting as a webinar. For planning purposes, the public is encouraged to register for participation by April 28, 2014. However, on-site registration will be available and registration to attend by webinar will remain open until the conclusion of the meeting.
Participating During the Meeting: Both remote participants and individuals attending the meeting in person are welcome to make comments and ask questions. Time will be given to address as many questions as possible during the course of the meeting.
The formaldehyde workshop will be held at the Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport located at 1999 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA and will be accessible via webinar/teleconference.
Requesting Assistance: If you need to request special accommodations for this event, please email formaldehyde_Wkshp@icfi.com.
To participate by webinar you will need:
- A computer with internet connection. Adobe Flash is required.
- A speaker/headphones or telephone. Audio will be available through the webinar, and also through a teleconference line if you wish to listen by phone.
- Time: See meeting agenda for specific start/end times.
- Meeting webinar details: The webinar URL and teleconference details will be e-mailed to registered participants prior to the meeting.
The webinar room will be opened 30 minutes prior to the meeting for testing and set up. If you are dialing in, the teleconference line will be opened 10 minutes before the start of the meeting.
Attending an EPA Webinar:
EPA uses Adobe Connect Software for the IRIS webinars with integrated video and sound capabilities. If this is your first online meeting using this software, then you should set up your computer in advance.
- First run the test by visiting http://epa.connectsolutions.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm. If you fail any portion of the test, please follow instructions to resolve your problem. If you cannot resolve an issue, contact your IT administrator/support group for assistance.
- To attend the webinar, and you are not an EPA employee, you must enter as a "guest." Please identify yourself by supplying your first and last name and organization and/or affiliation. For example, "Jane Doe - GSA"
- Then click the button “Enter Room” to join the meeting. There is an "ask a question" window where you can submit questions to the meeting organizer to read or if you need any other assistance.