Grantee Research Project Results
EPA Announces Student Contest Winners
EPA awarded six student groups last night as part of the People, Prosperity and the Planet (P3) competition to produce future environmentally-friendly and profitable technologies.
All this year’s winners:
- Drexel University—Production of Biodiesel from High Free-Fatty-Acid Oils
- Loyola University of Chicago—Innovative Biodiesel Production
- University of California-Berkeley—Electrochemical Arsenic Remediation
- University of California-Davis—Production of Natural Plastics in Wastewater Treatment
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign—Sustainable Water Development Program
- University of Iowa—Point-of-Use Electrolytic Chlorine Generator for Drinking Water Disinfection
To find more student contests, visit Earth 911’s student section.