Nanotechnology: 2005 Relevant Meetings Archive
Research Project Search
- June 23, 2005 - Meeting On Possible Voluntary Pilot Program for Nanoscale Materials - On June 23, EPA will host a public meeting to solicit input from industry and stakeholders on the feasibility of establishing a voluntary pilot program for existing nanoscale materials under the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA). The agency is considering a pilot program for voluntary industry submission of information on existing chemical substances.
- October 20-21, 2005 - U.S. EPA Workshop on Nanotechnology for Site Remediation: State of the Science - This workshop will present the latest results from federally sponsored research and current practices in order to raise the level of understanding and explore the use of nanotechnology for hazardous waste site remediation.
- October 25-28, 2005: Mechanisms of Action of Inhaled Fibers, Particles, and Nanoparticles in Lung and Cardiovascular Disease Conference
- October 26-28, 2005 - U.S. EPA 2005 Nanotechnology Science to Achieve Results (STAR) Progress Review Workshop - Nanotechnology and the Environment III - Research results from EPA-sponsored nanotechnology grants will be presented at this workshop open to members of the academic, government, and industrial communities as well as the general public. The workshop is designed to serve as a stimulus for increased collaborations among the various researchers in order to result in improved knowledge of the environmental aspects of nanotechnology.
Research Workshops and Symposia
- August 28-September 1, 2005 - American Chemical Society Fall Meeting - Environmental Nanotechnology - This symposium will cover applications of nanmaterials for the environment and address potential risks. There will be individual sessions on 1) New Initiatives and Potential Risks; 2) Nanocatalysis and Nanobiocatalysis; 3) Synthesis, Fundamentals, Applications, and Monitoring of Nanomaterials; 4) Nanoiron - Contaminant Degradation; Transport, and Field Application; 5) Nanoparticles - Adsorption, Aggregation, and Surface Interactions; 6) Sensors, Novel Applications, and Emerging Issues; and 7) Iron Based Nanomaterials - Surface Complexation and Adsorption of Arsenic.
- October 3-6, 2005 - Second International Symposium on Nanotechnology and Occupational Health will be the premier global meeting of 2005 addressing the potential implications and applications of nanotechnologies in the workplace.
- Nov. 28 - Dec. 2, 2005 - MRS Fall Meeting : Symposium S - Nanomaterials and the Environment This symposium is intended to bring together materials scientists, chemists, biologists, toxicologists, and ecologists to foster a cross-disciplinary discussion of: 1) the application of nanotechnology to the environment for the purposes of sensing and monitoring, remediation and treatment, and pollution prevention; and 2) the implications of nanotechnology on the environment, including potential health and environmental effects of nanomaterials. Two sessions with panel discussions will be devoted to regulatory, legal, ethical, and public perception issues.
Call for Papers: