Research Project Search
Recommended NCER Web Pages
Recent Funding Opportunities
- Enhancing Ecosystem Services From Agricultural Lands: Management, Quantification, And Developing Decision Support Tools - Open: February 25, 2009 - Closed: May 26, 2009
- Forecasting Ecosystem Services from Wetland Condition Analyses - Open: August 1, 2008 - Closed: November 3, 2008
- Ecology and Oceanography of Harmful Algal Blooms with NOAA and NASA - Open: July 3, 2007 - Closed: October 4, 2007
- Ecological Impacts from the Interactions of Climate Change, Land Use Change and Invasive Species: A Joint Research Solicitation - EPA, USDA - Open: March 26, 2007 - Closed: June 26, 2007
Science Research and Summaries
- A Manager's Guide to Indicator Selection (PDF) (8 pp, 3.4 MB)
- New Index of Environmental Condition for Coastal Watersheds in the Great Lakes Basin (PDF) (2 pp, 281 K)
- Highlights from the Interagency Research Program on the Ecology and Oceanography of Harmful Algal Blooms (ECOHAB) (PDF) (6 pp, 381 K)
Recent Research Projects
|Identifier||Abstract||Institution||Grant Representative||Grant Amount||Project Period|
|The Role of Avian Host Dynamics and Anthropogenic Stressors on the Transmission of West Nile Virus and the Implications for Human Health and Biodiversity||University of California - Los Angeles,Institute for Bird Populations,Jet Propulsion Laboratory - Pasadena,New York State Department of Health,University of Oklahoma||Pongsiri, Montira J.
||$749,296||November 2007 -
|Mechanisms Linking Host Biodiversity to Lyme Disease Risk: An Experimental Approach||Cary Institute of Ecosystem Studies||Pongsiri, Montira J.
||$750,000||January 2008 -
|Risk Factors for West Nile Virus: The Role of Biodiversity in the Ecology of Hosts, Vectors and Humans||Rutgers University,New Jersey Audubon Society,New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection||Pongsiri, Montira J.
||$749,994||January 2008 -
|Integrated Uncertainty Analysis to Support Effective Environmental Decision-Making||Harvard University||Pascual, Pasky
||$348,582||October 2007 -
|Implications of Using Robust Bayesian Analysis to Represent Diverse Sources of Uncertainty in Integrated Assessment||Dartmouth College||Bauer, Diana
||$349,607||January 2008 -