Grantee Research Project Results
The Science to Achieve Results (STAR) Program has four formal solicitation periods during the year -- January, April, August, and October. Look below for a partial listing of upcoming topics. STAR Requests for Applications invite research proposals from academic and non-profit institutions located in the U.S., And state and local governments. All forms necessary for completing an application are noted in the announcement and are available on this site (see below).
Click on the highlighted funding opportunities below to view the announcement on screen (HTML). Click on the following for standard STAR grant application forms and instructions -- Forms/Standard Instructions and additional Quality Systems Guidance for STAR Grants -- available in MSWord and PDF formats.
|You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more about PDF, and for a link to the free Acrobat Reader.|
2008 Environmental Research Grant Announcements
- Under the Climate Change and Allergic Airway Disease RFA, individual proposals do not have to address all of the listed sources of aeroallergens or both asthma and other allergies.
- Health Effects of Near-Roadway Exposures to Air Pollution - Open: November 13, 2007 - Closing: January 15, 2008 - Closed
- Consequences of Global Change for Water Quality - Open: February 12, 2008 - Closing: May 8, 2008 - Closed
- Innovative and Integrative Approaches for Advancing Public Health Protection Through Water Infrastructure Sustainability - Open: April 30, 2008 - Closing: July 29, 2008 - Closed
- Climate Change and Allergic Airway Disease - Open: July 1, 2008 - Closing:
October 1, 2008Extended to: October 22, 2008 - Closed
- Adaptation for Future Air Quality Analysis and Decision Support Tools in Light of Global Change Impacts and Mitigation - Open: July 21, 2008 - Closing: October 21, 2008 - Closed
- Forecasting Ecosystem Services from Wetland Condition Analyses - Open: August 1, 2008 - Closing: November 3, 2008 - Closed
- Novel Approaches for Assessing Exposure for School-Aged Children in Longitudinal Studies - This Request for Applications is cancelled until further notice.
- 5th Annual P3 Awards: People Prosperity and the Planet - Open: August 31, 2007 - Closing: December 20, 2007 - Closed
- SBIR Phase I - HTML | PDF (64 pp, 179 K, about PDF) | MS Word - Open: March 20, 2008 - Closed: May 21, 2008 - Closed
- Note for all GRO Graduate and Undergraduate Fellowship Applicants: As indicated in the RFA, EPA considers eligible institutions as those receiving less than $35 million in federal research and development funds as listed in "the National Science Foundations publication, "Federal Science and Engineering Support to Universities, Colleges, and Nonprofit Institutions: FY 2004," Table 11." Institutions identified as receiving $35 million or less in annual federal research and development funding, as designated in column 2 of Table 11, are eligible. These data can be found at: http://www.nsf.gov/statistics/nsf07316/pdf/tab11.pdf (28 pp, 106 K, about PDF). Our FAQs had incorrectly referenced an earlier version of this table. This has been corrected and we apologize for any confusion this may have caused. The 2004 tabulation as cited in the RFA is the correct table to determine eligibility.
- Note for Fellowship Applicants: As part of the registration process with Grants.GOV, applicants need to enter an Funding Opportunity Number (FON) on the "Registration with Credential Provider" page. There is a problem with some FONs that results in an error message. If you encounter this problem, please use the work around FON: 0716-INDV-REGISTRATION.
- Fall 2008 EPA Science to Achieve Results (STAR) Fellowships for Graduate Environmental Study - Open: July 19, 2007 - Closing: October 23, 2007 - Closed
- Fall 2008 EPA Greater Research Opportunities(GRO) Fellowships for Graduate Environmental Study - Open: August 21, 2007 - Closing: October 23, 2007 - Closed
- Fall 2008 EPA Greater Research Opportunities (GRO) Fellowships for Undergraduate Environmental Study - Open: August 29, 2007 - Closing: December 19, 2007 - Closed