2013 Funding Opportunities - Archived
Grantee Research Project Results
The Science to Achieve Results (STAR) Program has four formal solicitation periods during the year -- January, April, August, and October. Look below for a partial listing of upcoming topics. STAR Requests for Applications invite research proposals from academic and non-profit institutions located in the U.S., And state and local governments. All forms necessary for completing an application are noted in the announcement and are available on this site (see below).
Click on the highlighted funding opportunities below to view the announcement on screen (HTML). Click on the following for standard STAR grant application forms and instructions -- Forms/Standard Instructions and additional Quality Systems Guidance for STAR Grants -- available in MSWord and PDF formats.
- Organotypic Culture Models for Predictive Toxicology Center - Open: September 23, 2013 - Closing: January 23, 2014 - Closed
- Susceptibility and Variability in Human Response to Chemical Exposure - Open: June 10, 2013 - Closing:
September 10, 2013Extended to: September 24, 2013 - Closed
- Healthy Schools: Environmental Factors, Children’s Health and Performance, and Sustainable Building Practices - Open: June 7, 2013 - Closing: October 8, 2013 - Closed
- New Methods in 21st Century Exposure Science - Open: June 19, 2013 - Closing: September 17, 2013 - Closed
- National Center for Innovation in Small Drinking Water Systems Open: May 23, 2013 - Closing: August 21, 2013 - Closed
- 2014 SBIR Phase 1 | PDF (50 pp, 324 K, about PDF) | MS Word (50 pp, 166 K) - Open: June 27, 2013 - Closing: August 13, 2013 - Closed
Amendment 1 PDF (3 pp, 98 K)
- Science for Sustainable and Healthy Tribes - Open: February 25, 2013 - Closing: June 25, 2013 - Closed
- 10th Annual P3 Awards: A National Student Design Competition for Sustainability Focusing on People, Prosperity and the Planet - Open: September 12, 2012 - Closing: December 11, 2012 - Closed
- Fall 2013 EPA Science to Achieve Results (STAR) Fellowships for Graduate Environmental Study - Open: October 4, 2012 - Closing: November 27, 2012 - Closed
- Fall 2013 EPA Greater Research Opportunities (GRO) Fellowships For Undergraduate Environmental Study - Open: October 1, 2012 - Closing: December 5, 2012 - Closed
- EPA/NSF Networks for Sustainable Molecular Design and Synthesis - Open: December 19, 2012 - Closing: March 18, 2013 - Closed
- EPA/NSF Networks for Characterizing Chemical Life Cycle - Open: December 19, 2012 - Closing: March 18, 2013 - Closed
Informational Webinar on: Organotypic Culture Models for Predictive Toxicology Centers RFA
On November 14, 2013 at 1:00 - 2:00 pm there was an informational webinar discussing the application process and required elements for the Organotypic Culture Models (OCM) for Predictive Toxicology Centers RFA. More information on the webinar is available on the NCER Calendar.
Webinar Presentation (PDF) (27 pp,450 K)
EPA and Research Partners