Microbiological and Chemical Exposure Assessment
- Covert, T.C., C.H. Johnson, S.A. Johnson, E.W. Rice, and D.J. Reasoner. 1995. Evaluation of nonisotopic gene probe and a rapid glutamate decarboxylase assay for detection of Escherichia coli. Proceedings 1994 Water Quality Technology Conference, American Water Works Association. Denver, CO, pp. 121-135.
- De La Cruz, A., and M. Sivaganesan. 1995. Detection of Giardia and Cryptosporidium spp. in source water samples by commercial enzyme-immunoassay kits. Proceedings 1994 Water Quality Technology Conference, American Water Works Association. Denver, CO, pp. 543-554.
- DuPont, H.L., C.L. Chappell, C.R. Sterling, P.C. Okhuysen, J.B. Rose, and W. Jakubowski. 1995. The infectivity of Cryptosporidium parvum in healthy volunteers. The New England Journal of Medicine 332:855-859.
- Grinshpun, S.A., K. Willeke, S. Terzieva, J. Donnelly, V. Ulevicius, S. Stewart, C.-W. Chang, E.C. Cole, K.E. Leese, G.N. Stelma, and K.P. Brenner. 1995. Physical and microbiological aspects of bioaerosol sampling and analysis. In Engineering solutions to indoor air quality problems, Air and Waste Management Association, Pittsburgh, PA, pp. 621-625.
- Jakubowski, W. 1995. Cryptosporidium. In: Proceedings of The Toxicology Forum Annual Summer Meeting, The Toxicology Forum, Washington, DC, pp. 581-594.
- Kreader, C.A. 1995. Design and evaluation of Bacteroides DNA probes for the specific detection of human fecal pollution. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 61:1171- 1179.
- Lieberman, R.J., L.C. Shadix, B.S. Newport, S.R. Crout, S.E. Buescher, R.S. Safferman, R.E. Stetler, D. Lye, G.S. Fout, and D.R. Dahling. 1995. Source water microbial quality of some vulnerable public ground water supplies. Proceedings 1994 Water Quality Technology Conference, American Water Works Association. Denver, CO, pp. 1425-1436.
- Lindquist, H.D.A. 1995. A dual fluorochrome method for detection and viability testing of Giardia lamblia cysts. Acta Medica Philippina 31:170-176.
- Meckes, M.C., E.W. Rice, C.H. Johnson, and S. Rock. 1995. Assessment of the bacteriological quality of compost from a yard waste processing facility. Compost Science and Utilization 3:6-13.
- Nieminski, E.C., F.W. Schaefer, III, and J.E. Ongerth. 1995. Comparison of two methods for detection of Giardia cysts and Cryptosporidium oocysts in water. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 61:1714-1719.
- Owens, J.H., R.J. Miltner, F.W. Schaefer, and E.W. Rice. 1995. Pilot-scale ozone inactivation of Cryptosporidium and Giardia. Proceedings 1994 Water Quality Technology Conference, American Water Works Association. Denver, CO, pp. 1319-1328.
- Rice, E.W., T.C. Covert, S.A. Johnson, C.H. Johnson, and D.J. Reasoner. 1995. Detection of Escherichia coli in water using a colorimetric gene probe assay. Journal of Environmental Science and Health A 30:1059-1067.
- Rice, E.W., J.W. Messer, C.H. Johnson, and D.J. Reasoner. 1995. Occurrence of high-level aminoglycoside resistance in environmental isolates of enterococci. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 61:374-376.
- Rodgers, M.R., D.J. Flanigan, and W. Jakubowski. 1995. Identification of algae which interfere with the detection of Giardia cysts and Cryptosporidium oocysts and a method of alleviating this interference. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 61:3759-3763.
- Schaefer, F.W., III, and S.N. Boutros. 1995. Protozoa. In M.W. LeChevallier (ed.), Problem organisms in water: identification and treatment. American Water Works Association, Denver, CO , pp. 81-89.
- Stadterman, K.L., A.M. Sninsky, J.L. Sykora, and W. Jakubowski. 1995. Removal and inactivation of Cryptosporidium oocysts by activated sludge treatment and anaerobic digestion. Water Science and Technology 31:97-104.
- Williams, F.P., Jr., and R.E. Stetler. 1995. Letter to the Editor: Detection of FRNA coliphages in groundwater. Letters in Applied Microbiology 20:397.