Microbiological and Chemical Exposure Assessment
- Denis-Kize, G. S. Fout, D. R. Dahling and D. S. Francy. 2004. Detection of human enteric virus in stream water with RT-PCR and cell culture. Journal of Water and Health 2: 37-47.
- Francy, D.S.,O. D. Simmons III, M. W. Ware, E. J. Granger, M. D. Sobsey and F. W. Schaefer, III. 2004. Effects of seeding procedures and water quality on recovery of Cryptosporidium oocysts from stream water by using U. S. Environmental Protection Agency Method 1623. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 70: 4118-4128.
- Fricke, M. W., P. A. Creed, A. N. Parks, J. A. Shoemaker, C.A. Schwegel, and J. T. Creed. 2004. Extraction and detection of a new arsine sulfide containing Arsenosugar in mollusks by IC-ICP-MS and IC-ESI-MS/MS. Journal of Atomic Spectroscopy 19: 1454-1459.
- Grimm, A. C., J. L. Cashdollar, F. P. Williams and G. S. Fout. 2004. Development of an Astrovirus RT-PCR detection assay for use with Conventional, Real-Time and Integrated Cell Culture/RT-PCR. Canadian Journal of Microbiology 50: 269-278.
- Haughland, R. A., M. Varma, L. J. Wymer and S. J. Vesper. 2004. Quantitative PCR analysis of selected Aspergillus, Pencillium and Paecilomyces species. System of Applied Microbiology 27: 198-210.
- Hedrick, E. and D. Munch. 2004. Measurement of perchlorate in water by use of an 180-enriched isotopic standard and ion chromatography with mass spectrometric detection. Journal of Chromatography A 1039: 83-88.
- Johnson, J., K. Jinneman, G. Stelma, B. G. Smith, D. Lye, J. Messer, J. Ulaszek, L. Evsen, S. Gendel, R. W. Bennet, B. Swaminathan, J. Pruckler, A. Steigerwalt, S. Kathariou, S. Yildirim, D. Volokhov, A. Rasooly, V. Chizhikov, M. Weidmann, E. Fortes, R. E. Duval and A. D. Hitchins. 2004. Natural atypical Listeria innocua strains with Listeria monocytogenes pathogenicity island 1 genes. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 70: 4256-4266.
- Lytle, D., C. Frietch and T. Covert. 2004. The electrophoretic mobility of Mycobacterium Avium Complex (MAC) organisms in water. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 9: 5667-5671.
- Maizels, M. and W. Budde. 2004. A Lc/ms method for the determination of Cyanobacteria toxin in water. Advances in Applied Microbiology 76: 1342-1351.
- Meklin, T., R. A. Haugland, T. Reponen, M. Varman, Z. Lummus, D. Bernstein, L. J. Wymer and S. J. Vesper. 2004. Quantitative PCR analysis of house dust can reveal abnormal mold conditions. Journal of Environmental Monitoring 6: 615-620.
- Morrison, J., C. Yang, K. T. Lin, R. A. Haughland, A. N. Neely and S. J. Vesper. 2004. Monitoring Aspergillus species by quantitative PCR during construction of a multi-storey hospital building. Journal of Hospital Infections 57: 85-87.
- Neely, A. N., V. Gallardo, E. Barth, R. A. Haugland, G. D. Warden and S. J. Vesper. 2004. Rapid monitoring by quantitative polymerase chain reaction for pathogenic Aspergillus during carpet removal from a hospital. Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology 25: 350-352.
- Parshionikar, S. U., J. Cashdollar and G. S. Fout. 2004. Development of homologous viral internal controls for use in RT-PCR assays of waterborne enteric viruses. Journal of Virological Methods 121: 39-48.
- Rajkowski, K. T. and E. W. Rice. 2004. Effect of alfalfa seed washing on the organic carbon concentrations in chlorinated and ozonated water. Journal of Food Protection 67: 813-817.
- Stelma, G. N., D. J. Lye, B. G. Smith, J. W. Messer and P. Payment. 2004. Rare occurrence of heterotrophic bacteria with pathogenic potential in potable water. International Journal of Food Microbiology 92: 249-254.
- Vesper, S. J., M. Varma, L. J. Wymer, D. G. Dearborn, J. Sobolewski and R. A. Haugland. 2004. Quantitative polymerase chain reaction analysis of fungi in dust from homes of infants with developed idiopathic pulmary hemorrhaging. Journal of Occupational Environmental Medicine 46: 596-601.
- Williams, M. M., J. W. Domingo, M. C. Meckes, C. A. Kelty and H. S. Rochon. 2004. Phylogenetic diversity of drinking water bacteria in a distribution system simulator. Journal of Applied Microbiology 96: 954-964.
- Zhou, L., R. Fayer, J. M. Trout, U. M. Ryan, F. W. Schaefer III and L. Xiao. 2004. Genotypes of Cryptosporidium infecting fur-bearing mammals differ from those infecting humans. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 70: 7574-7577.