Microbiological and Chemical Exposure Assessment
- Ackerman, A.H., P.A. Creed, A.N. Parks, M.W. Fricke, C.A. Schwegel, J.T. Creed, D.T. Heitkemper and N.P. Vela. 2005. Comparsion of a chemical and enzymatic extraction of arsenic from rice and an assessment of arsenic absorption from contaminated water by cooked rice. Environmental Science and Technology 39: 5241-5246.
- Antoniou, M.G., A.A. de la Cruz and D.D. Dionysiou. 2005. Cyanotoxins: New generation of water contaminants. Journal of Environmental Engineering 131: 1-5.
- Chung, Y., N.H. Coates, M.E. Viana, L. Copeland, S.J. Vesper, M.J.K. Selgrade and M.D.W. Ward. 2005. Dose-dependent allergic responses to an extract of Penicillium chrysogenum in BALB/c mice. Toxicology 209: 77-89.
- Donohue, M., Y. Chung., M.L. Magnuson, M. Ward, M.J. Selgrade and S.J. Vesper. 2005. Hemolysin Chrysolsin from Penicillium chrysogenum promotes inflammatory response. International Journal of Hygiene and Environmental Health 208: 279-285.
- Glassmeyer, S.T., E.T. Furlong, D.W. Kolpin, J.D. Cahill, S.D. Zaugg, S.L. Warner, M.T. Meyer and D.D. Kryak. 2005. Transport of chemical and microbial compounds from known wastewater discharges: Potential for use as indicators of human fecal contamination. Environmental Science and Technology 39: 5157-5169.
- Glassmeyer, S.T. and J.A. Shoemaker. 2005. Effects of chlorination on the persistence of pharmaceuticals in the environment. Bulletin of Environment, Contamination and Toxicology 74: 24-31.
- Haughland, R.A., S.C. Siefring, L.J. Wymer, K.P. Brenner and A.P. Dufour. 2005. Comparison of Enterococcus measurements in freshwater at two recreational beaches by quantitative polymerase chain reaction and membrane filter culture analysis. Water Research 39: 559-568.
- McDaniels, A.E., L.J. Wymer and R.A. Talley. 2005. Comparison of rapid methods to evaluate chlorine inactivation of select agent E. coli 0157:H7. Journal of Water Supply: Research and Technology - Aqua. 54: 313-319.
- Parkhurst, D. F., K.P. Brenner, A.P. Dufour and L.J. Wymer. 2005. Indicator bacteria at five swimming beaches - analysis using random forests. Water Research 39: 1354-1360.
- Vesper, S.J., L.J. Wymer, T. Meklin, M. Varma, R. Stott, M. Richardson and R.A. Haugland. 2005. Comparison of populations of mould species in homes in the UK and USA using Mold-Specific Quantitative PCR (MSQPCR). Letters in Applied Microbiology 41(4):367-373.
- Ware, M.W. and F.W. Schaefer, lll. 2005. The effects of time and temperature on flow cytometry enumerated live Cryptosporidium parvum oocysts. Letters in Applied Microbiology 41: 385-389.