Microbiological and Chemical Exposure Assessment
- Borchardt, M.A., S.K. Spencer, P.D. Bertz, M.W. Ware, J.P. Dubey and H.D.A Lindquist. 2009. Concentrating Toxoplasma gondii and Cyclospora cayetanensis from surface water and drinking water by continuous separation channel centrifugation. Journal of Applied Microbiology 107:(4):1089-1097.
- Brescia, C.C., S.M. Griffin, M.W. Ware, E.A. Varughese, A.I. Egorov and E.N. Villegas. 2009. Cryptosporidium propidium monoazide-PCR: A molecular biology-based technique for genotyping viable Cryptosporidium oocysts. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 75:6856-6863.
- Brinkman, N.E. and G.S. Fout. 2009. Development and evaluation of a generic tag array to detect and genotype norviruses in water. Journal of Virological Methods 156:8-18.
- Chern, E.C., K.P. Brenner, L. Wymer and R.A. Haugland. 2009. Comparison of fecal indicator bacteia densities in marine recreational waters by QPCR. Water Quality Exposure and Health 1:203-214.
- Hayes, S.L., M. Waltmann, M.J. Donohue, D.J. Lye and S.J. Vesper. 2009. Predicting virulence of Aeromonas isolates based on changes in transcription of c-jun and c-fos in human tissue culture cells. Journal of Applied Microbiology 107(3):964-969.
- Heaney, C.D., E. Sams, S. Wing, S. Marshall, K. Brenner, A.P. Dufour and T.J. Wade. 2009. Contact with beach sand among beachgoers and risk of illness. American Journal of Epidemiology 170(2):164-172.
- Karim, M.R., E.R. Rhodes, N.E. Brinkman, L.J. Wymer and G. S. Fout. 2009. New electropositive filter for concentrating enteroviruses and noroviruses from large volumes of water. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 75(8):2393-2399.
- Lye, D.J.. 2009. A mouse model for characterization of gastrointestinal colonization rates among environmental Aeromonas isolates. Current Microbiology 58(5):454-458.
- Staggs, S.E., M.J. See, J.P. Dubey and E.N. Villegas. 2009. Obtaining highly purified Toxoplasma gondii oocysts by a discontinuous cesium chloride gradient. Journal of Visualized Experiments 33:1420.
- Telech, J.W., K.P. Brenner, R. Haugland, E. Sams, A.P. Dufour, L. Wymer and T.J. wade. 2009. Modeling Enterococcus densities measured by quantitative polymerase chain reaction and membrane filtration using environmental conditions at four Great Lakes beaches. Water Research 43:4947-4955.
- Vesper, S.J., C. McKinstry, K.D. Bradham, P. Ashley, D.Cox, G. Dewalt and K. Lin. 2009. Screening tools to estimate mold burdens in homes. Journal of Occcupational and Environmental Medicine 51(1):80-86.
- Vesper, S.J., C. McKinstry, D. Cox and G. Gary. 2009. Correlation between ERMI values and other moisture and mold assessments of homes in the American Healthy Homes Survey. Journal of Urban Health 86:850-860.
- Ward, M.D., M.J. Donohue, Y.J. Chung, L. Copeland, J.A Shoemaker, S.J. Vesper and M.K. Selgrade. 2009. Human serum IgE reacts with a Metarhizium anisopliae fungal catalase. International Archives of Allergy and Immunology 150:343-351.
- Yang, W., H.D.A. Lindquist, V. Cama, F.W. Schaefer III, E.N. Villegas, R. Fayer, E.J. Lewis, Y. Feng and L. Xiao. 2009. Detection of Toxoplasma gondii in water sample concentrates by real-time PCR. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 75:3379-3388.
- Yap, J., Z.A. Toh, V. Goh, L.C. Ng and S.J. Vesper. 2009. Assessment of mould concentrations in Singapore shopping centers using Mould Specific Quantitative PCR (MSQPCR) analysis. Indian Journal of Microbiology 49:290-293.