Microbiological and Chemical Exposure Assessment Staff
Daniel R. Tettenhorst
Title: Physical Science Technician
EPA Division: Microbiological and Chemical Exposure Assessment Research Division
EPA Branch: Chemical Exposure Research Branch
Research and development of analytical chemistry methods, with an emphasis on organic contamination in drinking water, including investigation of extraction and preservation techniques, with analysis by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry. Method development performed for chemical contaminants such as pesticides, herbicides, and industrial chemicals.
- B.S. Chemistry, University of Cincinnati, 1998
- Physical Science Technician, USEPA, ORD, NERL-MCEARD, Cincinnati, OH 2010-Present
- Chemist, Dynamac Corporation, Cincinnati, OH 2008-2010
- Laboratory Manager/Chemist, Cardinal Laboratories, Wilder, KY 2007–2008
- Simulation and Modeling Test Specialist, NgEK, Inc, Cincinnati, OH 2006–2007
- Chemist, SoBran, Inc./UES Inc., Cincinnati, OH 2002–2006
- Laboratory Technical Manager/Chemist, Custom Analytical Services, Inc, Cincinnati, OH 1998–2002
Professional Societies and Affiliations:
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
- California Separation Science Society (CASSS)
- Shoemaker JA, JW Munch, PE Grimmett, and DR Tettenhorst (2012) U.S. EPA’s Approach to the Development of New Analytical Methods for Contaminants of Emerging Concern in Drinking Water. Presented at the Groundwater Resources Association Conference, Concord, CA, February 7-8, 2012.
- Shoemaker JA and DR Tettenhorst (2011) Evaluation of On-line Solid Phase Extraction-LC/MS/MS for the Analysis of Chemicals on U.S. EPA’s Contaminant Candidate List 3. Presented at the Water Quality Technology Conference (WQTC), Phoenix, AZ, November 13-17, 2011.
- Tettenhorst DR and JA Shoemaker (2011) Development of a U.S. EPA method for the analysis of selected drinking water contaminants by solid phase extraction and LC/MS/MS. Presented at the 241st American Chemical Society (ACS) National Meeting, Anaheim, CA, March 27–31, 2011.
- Shoemaker JA and DR Tettenhorst (2010) Development of a U.S. EPA method for the analysis of selected drinking water contaminants by solid phase extraction and LC/MS/MS. Presented at the Water Quality Technology Conference (WQTC), Savannah, GA, November 14-17, 2010.
- Blocksom K, A Batt, J Lazorchak, L Osemwengie, A Delinsky, A Lindstrom, M Strynar, M Mills, S Nakayama, T Jicha, M Vazquez, D Bolgrien, E O’Bryan, G Ahlers, D Tettenhorst, A Parks, J Grimm, L Stahl, S Holdsworth, S Lehmann, D McCauley, and B Snyder (2009) National Rivers and Streams Assessment: Fish Tissue Contaminants. Presented at the Region 5 Surface Water Monitoring and Standards Meeting (SWiMS), Chicago, IL, February 11, 2009.
- Lazorchak JM, G Ahlers, D Tettenhorst, M Smith, H Haring, M Strynar, A Lindstrom, K Blocksom, D Bender, and D Walters. (2008) Regional Assessment of Site Contamination Using Whole Fish Tissue and Sediment Toxicity In Great Rivers. Presented at the EPA Peer Review, February, 2008.
- Tettenhorst, DR, GM Ahlers, PE Grimmett, DF Bender and JW O'Dell (2006) Occurrence of organochlorine pesticides, polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), and polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs) in fish tissue from the Ohio, Lower Missouri, and Upper Mississippi Rivers. Presented at 231st American Chemical Society (ACS) National Meeting, Atlanta, GA, March 26–30, 2006.
Daniel R. Tettenhorst
Microbiological and Chemical Exposure Assessment Research Division
National Exposure Research Laboratory
Office of Research and Development
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
27 W. Martin Luther King Jr. Drive
Cincinnati, OH 45268