This document describes how to install and use the library of S-PLUS functions
for analysis of probability survey data (psurvey.analysis).
Installing S-PLUS library psurvey.analysis
1. Obtain a copy of one of the following compressed archive (zip) files
containing the library, which may be obtained from the Aquatic
Monitoring web pages or from an email:
S-PLUS 2000: psurvey.analysis_2.12.S-PLUS 2000.zip
S-PLUS 6: psurvey.analysis_2.12.S-PLUS 6&7.zip
S-PLUS 7: psurvey.analysis_2.12.S-PLUS 6&7.zip
2. Using a program such as "WinZip", open the zip file and extract the
contents of that file to the "library" folder of S-PLUS, which is located
at "SHOME\library". If you are uncertain of the location of "SHOME",
execute the following S-PLUS command: "getenv('SHOME')".
3. Installation of the package only needs to be done once.
Using S-PLUS library psurvey.analysis
1. Each time S-PLUS is started in a session, you have to separately "load"
the library in order to access the functions and their help files.
2. Load the library using the "File" menu (click on "File", click on "Load
Library...", select "psurvey.analysis" from the list of available
libraries, and click on "OK") or execute the following S-PLUS command:
3. For S-PLUS 2000 help for using the library is available by browsing to the
psurvey.analysis folder within the library folder of S-PLUS 2000 (located
at "C:\Program Files\sp2000\library\psurvey.analysis")and clicking on the
file "psurvey.analysis.chm" (which is a compiled HTML help file). For
S-PLUS 6 and S-PLUS 7, help for using the library is available both
through the help command, i.e., enter "help(function name)" at the command
line, and through the "Help" menu (click on "Help", point to "Available
Help", and click on "psurvey.analysis").