Air and Climate Change Research
Dr. Gayle Hagler
Gayle is a environmental engineer/postdoctoral fellow in the US EPA Office of Research and Development, National Risk Management Laboratory, Air Pollution Prevention and Control Division (APPCD), Emissions Characterization & Prevention Branch (ECPB). Dr. Hagler completed her B.S. in Civil & Environmental Engineering, MSCE in Civil Engineering, and Ph.D. in Environmental Engineering at the Georgia Institute of Technology.
Dr. Hagler’s research has focused on near road air pollution, including characterization of vehicular emissions, field monitoring instrumentation development, and assessing mitigation opportunities.
Dr. Gayle Hagler (email@example.com)
- Hagler, G.S.W., R.W. Baldauf, E.D. Thoma, T.R. Long, R.F. Snow, J.S. Kinsey, L. Oudejans and B.K. Gullett. (2009). "Ultrafine Particles Near a Major Roadway in Raleigh, North Carolina: Downwind Attenuation and Correlation with Traffic-related Pollutants." Atmospheric Environment, 43: 1229–1234.
- Anderson, C.H., J.E. Dibb, R.J. Griffin, G.S.W. Hagler and M.H. Bergin. (2008). "Atmospheric Water-soluble Organic Carbon Measurements at Summit, Greenland." Atmospheric Environment, 42(22): 5612-5621.
- Hagler, G.S.W., M.H. Bergin, E.A. Smith and J.E. Dibb. (2008). "Local Anthropogenic Impact on Particulate Elemental Carbon Concentrations at Summit, Greenland." Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, 8: 2485–2491.
- Hagler, G.S.W., M.H. Bergin, E.A. Smith and J.E. Dibb. (2007). "A Summer Time Series of Particulate Carbon in the Air and Snow at Summit, Greenland." Journal of Geophysical Research-Atmospheres, 112: D21309, doi:10.1029/2007JD008993.
- Hagler, G.S.W., M. H. Bergin, E. A. Smith, J. E. Dibb, C. Anderson and E. J. Steig. (2007). "Particulate and Water-soluble Carbon Measured in Recent Snow at Summit, Greenland. " Geophysical Research Letters, 34: L16505, doi:10.1029/2007GL030110.
- Hagler, G.S.W., M.H. Bergin, L.G. Salmon, J.Z. Yu, E.C.H. Wan, M. Zheng, L.M. Zeng, C.S. Kiang, Y.H. Zhang and J.J. Schauer (2007). "Local and Regional Anthropogenic Influence on PM2.5 Elements in Hong Kong." Atmospheric Environment, 41(28): 5994-6004.
- Hagler, G.S.W., M.H. Bergin, L.G. Salmon, J.Z. Yu, E.C.H. Wan, M. Zheng, L.M. Zeng, C.S. Kiang, Y.H. Zhang, A.K.H. Lau and J.J. Schauer. (2006). "Source Areas and Chemical Composition of Fine Particulate Matter in the Pearl River Delta Region of China." Atmospheric Environment, 40(20): 3802-3815.
- Zheng, M., G.S.W. Hagler, L. Ke, M.H. Bergin, F. Wang, P.K.K. Louie, L. Salmon, D.W.M. Sin, J.Z. Yu and J.J. Schauer. (2006). "Composition and Sources of Carbonaceous Aerosols at Three Contrasting Sites in Hong Kong." Journal of Geophysical Research-Atmospheres, 111: D20313, doi:10.1029/2006JD007074.
- American Association of Aerosol Research
- Air and Waste Management Association
Selected Awards and Honors
- CEE Jean-Lou Chameau Research Excellence Award: 2007
- American Association of University Women Fellow: 2006-2007
- P.E.O. Scholar: 2006-2007
- National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship: 2002-2005