Catchbasin Technology Overview and Assessment (EPA/600/2-77/051) May 1977
Various catchbasin configurations and sizes were evaluated for hydraulic and pollutant removal efficiencies using hydraulic modeling analyses.
Detailed study findings are presented in sections dealing with:
- A state-of-the-science review
- A review of variables affecting catchbasin efficiency
- Hydraulic modeling analyses
- An assessment of the role of catchbasins
- An economic evaluation of alternative storm and combined sewer designs
- A review of recent developments and continuing program needs
Detailed example problems of the evaluation of catchbasin performance and economics are included.
A recommended catchbasin design configuration based upon hydraulic performance and sediment capture efficiency is presented.
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page.
See EPA's PDF page to learn more.