||Managing Urban Watershed Pathogen Contamination (127 pp, 888 KB) (EPA/600/R-03/111) September 2003
- Is a resource for state and local watershed managers who manage pathogen contamination in urban watersheds
- Is an information source for members of the public interested in watershed mitigation efforts aimed at reducing microbial contamination
- Supports specific steps of the total maximum daily load (TMDL) process for meeting water quality standards in urban watersheds
- Supports watershed evaluations conducted when disease outbreaks occur in the absence of standards violations
- Discusses the regulation of waterborne pathogens, detection methods, and combined sewer overflow control technologies and storm water best management practices
This document was developed using information collected through extensive literature reviews by EPA researchers. The intent is to supplement the information included in the 2001 EPA document “Protocol for Developing Pathogen TMDLs” (EPA/841/R-00/002).
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page.
See EPA's PDF page to learn more.