||2000 Annual Report, NATO/CCMS Pilot Study, Clean Products and Processes (Phase I), Report Number 242 (197 pp, 2.89 MB) (EPA/625/R-01/002) March 2001
This annual report presents the proceedings of the third annual pilot study meeting of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization’s Committee on the Challenges to Modern Society. The meeting took place in Copenhagen, Denmark. Guest speakers focused on research into clean products, clean processes, life-cycle analysis, computer tools, and pollution prevention. Discussions included:
- Engineering for Sustainable Development – An Obligatory Skill of the Future Engineer
- Membranes in Process Identification and Cleaner Productions
- Approaches to Cleaner Production in Economies in Transition – The Results and Perspectives of the Cleaner Production Centers
- Computer-Aided Molecular Design Problem Formulation and Solution: Solvent Selection and Substitution
- The First Step Toward Sustainable Business Practice: The SB (SmithKline Beecham) Design for Environment Tool Kit
- Biological Control of Microbial Growth in the Process Water of Molded Pulp Production – Avoiding the Use of Biocides
- Environmental Life-Cycle Assessment of Alternative Scenarios for Biological Control of Microbial Growth in the Process Water of Molded Pulp Production
- Potential and Frame Program Implementation of Cleaner Production in the Army of the Czech Republic
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page.
See EPA's PDF page to learn more.