GeoPlatform Stormwater BMP Performance Database
Looking for information on how well certain Best Management Practices (BMPs) and Low Impact Development (LID) approaches control stormwater runoff in different parts of the U.S.?
This web map displays sites where the performance of BMPs and LID approaches for controlling stormwater runoff have been monitored and reported on. The data come from the International Stormwater BMP Database. Information for each site includes
- the type of BMP or LID approach utilized,
- the amount of stormwater volume reduction achieved (where available), and
- select soil, land cover, water table and climatic properties.
Each site also contains a link back to the database where more detailed information on the site and its performance can be found.
- National Stormwater Calculator: desktop application that estimates the annual amount of rainwater and frequency of runoff from a specific site anywhere in the United States
- Stormwater Management: provides information and guidance on stormwater management practices.
- Low Impact Development: provides information and guidance on the use of low impact development (LID) practices.
- Green Infrastructure: provides basic information, useful tools, as well as research, case studies and a publication library.