Note: EPA no longer updates this information, but it may be useful as a reference or resource.
Please see www.epa.gov/nsr/ for the latest information on EPA's New Source Review program.
February 9, 1981 Petitions for Review of PSD Regulations 4.14Petitions for review of PSD regulations.
- Utility Air Regulatory Group Petition
- Consideration is given to the increase in actual emissions resulting from a fuel switch and the resulting impact on increment consumption.
- The term "demolition" as applied to
reduction in capacity utilization and the
corresponding effect on increment
- The definition of major modification
excludes any voluntary fuel switch at a
source deemed "capable of accommodating"
and compliance with certain other
- Definition of term "significant" as
applied to de minimus emission levels
both for pollutants listed and those not
- A "minor" addition to a "minor" source
would contribute to the baseline
concentration if it occurred before the
applicable baseline date; however, it
would not trigger PSD review.
- Section 52.21(i)(7) exempts any major
modification, which meets certain
conditions, from the air quality
assessments relating to Class II areas.
A source may claim more than one such
and (4) above.
- American Mining Congress (AMC) Petition
- The treatment of fugitive emissions, with regard to a source's designation as "major" for PSD purposes, is further clarified.
Notebook Entries: 13.4; 5.12; 6.10