Rules of Practice and Procedure
- 40 CFR PART 22 -- Consolidated Rules of Practice
Governing the Administrative Assessment of Civil Penalties and
the Revocation or Suspension of Permits (PDF) (26 pp, 130K)
- Regulations Governing Hearings Conducted Under 40 C.F.R. Part 7 -- Nondiscrimination
in Programs Receiving Federal Assistance from the EPA
- 40 CFR § 7.130 Actions available to EPA to obtain compliance
- 40 CFR § 7.135 Procedure for regaining eligibility
- Procedures for Hearings Conducted under 40 C.F.R. Part 7 -- Nondiscrimination in Programs and Activities Receiving Federal Assistance from EPA (PDF) (17 pp, 98K)
- Practice Manual (PDF) (45 pp, 399K) - An informal aid to understanding the rules and procedures that apply to administrative penalty proceedings before the Administrative Law Judges, updated for 2011.
- Citizens' Guide 2010 (PDF) (44 pp, 1.3MB) - serves as an overview and procedural guide to individuals and organizations who are not represented by counsel in a proceeding before the Administrative Law Judges. It is organized differently than the Practice Manual, available above, and includes templates for common motions, contact information for each Regional Office, and background information for each type of case that comes before this office.
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.