Notice of Intent to Award a Sole Source Purchase Order to CEBOS
Posted Date: May 24, 2012
Procurement Office: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Headquarters Procurement Operations Division, (3803R) 1200 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20460
Response Date: May 31, 2012 by 11:00 AM EST
The United States Environmental Protection Agency’s Office of Administration and Resource Management (OARM), Office of Acquisition Management (OAM), on behalf of the Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance (OECA), intends to award a sole source purchase order under FAR Part 12, Acquisition of Commercial Items, using FAR Part 13, Simplified Acquisition Procedures, to CEBOS Ltd. pursuant to FAR 6.302-1 under the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code 511210, Software Publishers. EPA will subscribe to the CEBOS Annual Software Support and Maintenance Program.
The National Enforcement Investigations Center (NEIC) previously purchased 6 modules of MQ1 Elements from CEBOS to support a variety of information tracking and reporting needs related to its overall quality system, including audits, corrective actions, quality document development and posting, training, risk, and work assignment management. The current software maintenance program for MQ1 Elements will expire May 31, 2012. This maintenance program must be continued to provide NEIC with ongoing technical support of this software.
This is a sole source procurement action. The software used by CEBOS to build and customize each of the 6 purchased modules is proprietary to CEBOS. No other vendors can obtain nor support this proprietary software.
Furthermore, CEBOS has indicated the following:
"Elements Software is developed and supported by CEBOS and there is no other company in the world that is qualified to support our products. CEBOS produces and controls the source code which is regularly updated by CEBOS with strict version control. In addition, only CEBOS technicians and support personnel are uniquely qualified to install the software, configure the software, conduct training, and provide technical support for CEBOS software."
The CEBOS Annual Software Support and Maintenance Program services include:
- Help Desk: Customers that stay current with their support and maintenance agreement are able to call in to CEBOS’ customer support with problems and questions. This includes “how to” questions as long as the customer has completed initial implementation through CEBOS.
- Upgrades: Each time CEBOS upgrades MQ1 to a new version, including MQ1 Elements – see detail documentation on upgrade to Elements for all items related to this, all customers’ current on their support and maintenance agreement are entitled to that upgrade, at no extra cost.
- Updates: Each time CEBOS updates MQ1, all customers current on their support and maintenance agreement are entitled to that update, at no extra cost.
- Enhancements: This means customers current on their support and maintenance agreement have a voice in shaping the next version of MQ1.
- User Group: Unlimited access to our online User Group. The User group provides the opportunity to share/gather information from other MQ1 users and CEBOS employees. Here customers can find information regarding updates to MQ1, news and event schedules, share charts and reports, view build notes for all new and past builds, access to training videos, vote on enhancements among other items (see document: User Group Fact Sheet).
- Discount on Services: Discounts on additional licenses.
- Training: CEBOS Continuing Education Webinar Series (MCEWS), providing training on topics led by our customers.
- MQ1 Optimization Reviews: Once annually, customers can request a CEBOS staff member to take your MQ1 champions through a detailed review of your common use cases, to look for optimal and efficient ways to do your daily tasks and use the system to the fullest.
- Server Move: One server move or Pilot Data Base refresh per support and maintenance year.
The eventual Purchase Order is to be administered for the period of one (1) year from Date of Award.
This is a sole source procurement under the authority of 10 U.S.C. 2304(c)(1) and FAR 6.302-1, Only one responsible source and no other supplies or services will satisfy agency requirements. All responsible sources that feel they should be considered qualified to provide the foregoing product may submit a response to this notice no later than May 31, 2012 11AM EST to Ms. Sini Jacob at email@example.com. Information furnished shall include detailed documentation to allow the government to perform a proper evaluation. A determination by the government not to compete this proposed requirement based upon responses to this notice is solely within the discretion of the Government. Information received will normally be considered solely for the purpose of determining whether to conduct a competitive procurement. THIS NOTICE OF INTENT IS NOT A REQUEST FOR COMPETITIVE PROPOSALS. A SOLICITATION WILL NOT BE ISSUED.
The point of contact for this procurement is Sini Jacob, Contract Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org.