Clean Air Act Advisory Committee
Climate Change Work Group
This work group is currently inactive.
In October 2009, a work group was formed to discuss and identify the major issues and potential barriers to implementing the Prevention of Significant Deterioration program under the Clean Air Act for greenhouse gases. The workgroup will focus mainly on the Best Available Control Technology (BACT) requirement and identify and recommend information and guidance that would be useful for EPA to provide to permitting agencies regarding the consideration of the energy, economic, and environmental impacts of potential control options for greenhouse gases in the context of a BACT analysis. The work group presented its recommendations to the CAAAC at the CAAAC's February 3, 2010, meeting at which time the CAAAC unanimously voted to pass the recommendations on to EPA.
- Download Membership List (PDF) (6pp, 21k, About PDF)
- Download Work Group Charge (PDF) (1pg, 19k, About PDF)
Documents from Past Meetings
- Interim Phase I Report (PDF) (29pp, 1.4 MB, About PDF)
- Climate Change Work Group Presentation to CAAAC (PDF) (13pp, 196k, About PDF)
- Group 1 Report (PDF) (9pp, 632k, About PDF)
- Group 2 Report (PDF) (9pp, 694k, About PDF)
- Group 3 Report (PDF) (32pp, 1.7 MB, About PDF)
- Group 4 Report (PDF) (4pp, 295k, About PDF)
- GHG BACT Analysis Case Study - Calpine (PDF) (16pp, 681k, About PDF)