Overview of the FRRCC
The FRRCC is a policy-oriented committee that provides policy advice, information, and recommendations to the Administrator on a range of environmental issues and policies that are of importance to agriculture and rural communities. The FRRCC addresses specific topics of relevance to agriculture as identified by the Agricultural Counselor to the Administrator, and reports its policy advice and recommendations to the EPA Administrator through the Agricultural Counselor.
The FRRCC meets approximately two (2) times a year. Meetings may occur approximately once every six (6) months or as needed and approved by the Designated Federal Officer (DFO). Meetings will generally be held in Washington, DC.
As required by FACA, the FRRCC will hold open meetings unless the Administrator determines that a meeting or a portion of a meeting may be closed to the public in accordance with subsection c of section 552b of title 5, United States Code. Interested persons may attend meetings, appear before the committee as time permits, and file comments with the FRRCC.
The FRRCC is comprised of a Chair and Deputy Chair, the FRRCC Designated Federal Officer (DFO), and committee members as identified by the Administrator or Deputy Administrator.
EPA recognizes that a vast array of environmental and agricultural policy expertise exists outside the Agency in the public, private, and non-profit sectors. EPA has a strong commitment to an open and constructive working relationship with the agriculture community, and the FRRCC provides a great opportunity for EPA to create a better understanding of the intersection of the environment, agriculture, and rural communities.
- June 20, 2012 Press Release: EPA Announces New Members of Agricultural Advisory Committee
- March 1. 2012 Press Release: EPA Solicits Members for Agricultural Advisory Committee (PDF) (1 pg, 73K, About PDF)
- February 13, 2012 FR Notice: Request for Nominations (PDF) (2 pp, 52K, About PDF)
- January 19, 2012 FR Notice: Notice of Charter Renewal (PDF) (1 pg, 40K, About PDF)
- January 9, 2012 Press Release: EPA Committee Completes Report on Agricultural Issues (PDF) (1 pg, 38K, About PDF)
- September 30, 2010 Press Release: EPA Administrator Addresses Farm, Ranch, and Rural Communities Federal Advisory Committee / Agency announces new committee members
- June 3, 2010 Press Release: EPA Announces New Members of Agricultural Advisory Committee
- March 4, 2010 FR Notice: Notice of Charter Renewal | PDF Version (PDF) (1 pg, 63K, About PDF)
- Charter | PDF Version (3 pp, 205K, About PDF)
- October 17, 2007 Press Release - EPA announces first-ever Agricultural Advisory Committee
- Nov. 15, 2007 FR Notice: Request for Nominations
- Feb. 4, 2008 FR Notice: Establishment of Committee
- Nov. 15, 2007 Press Release: EPA Seeks Nominations to New Agricultural Advisory Committee
- Nov. 6, 2009 FR Notice: Request for Nominations (PDF) (1 pg, 58K, About PDF)
- Nov. 23, 2009 Press Release: EPA to Renew Charter of Agriculture Advisory Committee