Jump to main content.

Financing for Environmental Compliance

Small Communities Contacts

This page includes contacts for small communities involved in projects related to:


Federal, State and Local Air Contacts
This EPA Office of Air and Radiation Web page lists contacts for federal, state and local agencies with air pollution-specific programs and services. The U.S. EPA provides information on national basis. Each state has a department of natural resources, environment, or health that deals with air pollution issues in their area. In addition, some counties have their own air pollution agencies that focus on problems at the local government level.


EPA Regional Web Sites and Waste Programs
Provides links to the 10 EPA Regional Home Pages and their associated hazardous and solid waste pages.

RCRA State Authorization
Describes the rulemaking process through which EPA delegates the responsibility of implementing the RCRA hazardous waste program to individual states.

State Web Sites and Solid and Hazardous Waste Programs
Provides links to the US State and Territories and their hazardous and solid waste pages.

Top of page


Small Communities - Clean Water and Drinking Water
EPA provides information on management, funding, technology, and public outreach to help small communities maintain compliance with the Clean Water Act and Safe Drinking Water Act.

Top of page

Other Government Contacts

USDA Rural Utility Service State Contacts
The Rural Utility Service (RUS) provides loans, grants and loan guarantees for drinking water, sanitary sewer, solid waste and storm drainage facilities in rural areas and cities and towns of 10,000 or less. Public bodies, non-profit organizations and recognized Indian tribes may qualify for assistance. RUS also makes grants to nonprofit organizations to provide technical assistance and training to assist rural communities with their water, wastewater, and solid waste problems.

USDA Rural Utility Service Federal Contacts
This site provides the names and telephone numbers of RUS national staff.

Department of Commerce — Economic Development Administration Contacts
Public Works and Economic Development program helps support the construction or rehabilitation of essential public infrastructure and facilities necessary to generate or retain private sector jobs and investments, attract private sector capital, and promote regional competitiveness, including investments that expand and upgrade infrastructure to attract new industry, support technology–led development, redevelop brownfield sites and provide eco-industrial development. The Planning Program helps support planning organizations, including District Organizations and Indian Tribes, in the development, implementation, revision or replacement of comprehensive economic development strategies (CEDS), and for related short-term planning investments and State plans designed to create and retain higher-skill, higher-wage jobs, particularly for the unemployed and underemployed in the nation's most economically distressed regions. This site provides a list of EDA regional contacts. These contacts can provide information on EDA programs, investment policies, and funding opportunities.

Housing and Urban Development Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Contacts
The CDBG program is a flexible program that provides communities with resources to address a wide range of unique community development needs and to develop viable communities by providing decent housing, a suitable living environment, and opportunities to expand economic opportunities, principally for low- and moderate-income persons. This site provides field office contact information. The field office staff can provide eligibility information for the community development block grant program.

Top of page

Compliance Assistance | Compliance Monitoring | Compliance Incentives


Local Navigation

Jump to main content.