Integrated Compliance Information System (ICIS)
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
The Integrated Compliance Information System (ICIS) is a web-based system that provides information for the federal enforcement and compliance (FE&C) and the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) programs.
ICIS can be accessed at the following URL, "https://icis.epa.gov/icis", using the Internet Explorer browser. (Other browsers are not supported and may result in errors or loss of functionality.)
On this page:
- Who can register to access ICIS
- Public Access
- Registration for new ICIS users
- Registration for new ICIS users that are current PCS users
- Password information
- System availability
- ICIS Issue Tracker System
- ICIS User Support
Access to the ICIS application is limited to:
- EPA, including EPA regional offices
Access to ICIS information is provided for the public through the Enforcement and Compliance History Online (ECHO) data system.
New ICIS users must complete and submit the following forms:
- ICIS Rules of Behavior (PDF) (12 pp, 48K)
- Sensitive Data Access Request (PDF) (if needed) (4 pp, 52K)
For those who do have a current user-id and password to access PCS
- Contact your PCS/ICIS-NPDES Regional Coordinator to receive your temporary password for ICIS-NPDES.
- Use your temporary password to login to ICIS the first time. You will then be required to enter a new password (PDF)(2 pp, 38K).
- Agency security policy requires that users change their password every 90 days. The system will alert you when it is time to change your password.
- Password reset requests or login problems are handled by the ICIS Regional System Administrator or the PCS/ICIS-NPDES Regional Coordinator.
Unless otherwise noted, ICIS is available to registered users from:
- Monday - Friday: 7:00 am - 11:00 pm (EST)
- Saturday: 9:00 am - 11:00 pm (EST)
- Sunday: 8:15 am - 11:00 pm (EST)
Due to system processing tasks, ICIS may not be accessible between 11:00 pm and 7:00 am (EST).presentation (PDF)(21 pp, 445K) to learn more about the ICIS Issue Tracker System and how to register (PDF)(21 pp, 445K) .
If you need immediate assistance or answers to direction questions, contact the ICIS Customer Support Section:
- Phone: 202-564-7756
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm (EST)
Leave message after hours
- Email: email@example.com