The Charter of the National Environmental Justice Advisory Council (NEJAC) states that the advisory committee shall provide independent advice to the Administrator on areas that may include, among other things, “advice about EPA’s progress, quality and adequacy in planning, developing and implementing environmental justice strategies, projects and programs” relating to environment justice.
Information about previous NEJAC meetings is available online:
- Meeting summaries, transcripts, and/or reports from previous NEJAC meetings
Upcoming Public Meetings
NEJAC Public Meeting
Date: Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - Thursday, May 21, 2015
Public comment: 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time on Wednesday, May 20, 2015
- Meeting: McMillin Event Center at the Naval Training Center San Diego, 2875 Dewey Road, San Diego, CA 92106
- Hotel: If you are traveling, we have a group rate at the Holiday Inn Bayside http://www.holinnbayside.com/ You can make reservations using this link: EPA - 2015 NEJAC room reservations at Holiday Inn Bayside or by calling toll free 1(800) 662-8899 (in USA only).
The primary topics of discussion will be: goods movement, the EJ 2020 Action Agenda, EJ Best Practices for Local Government, and climate change.
Pre-registration is required. You can pre-register online.
- Registration closes at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time on Monday, May 11, 2015
- Deadline for public comment period sign-up is also 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time on Monday, May 11, 2015
Written comments can also be submitted for the record:
- Written comments received by 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time on Monday, May 11, 2015 will be included in the materials distributed to the NEJAC prior to the teleconference
- Written comments received after that time will be provided to the NEJAC as time allows
- All written comments should be sent to Jasmin Muriel (email@example.com). Read the NEJAC public comment guidelines
Save the date: NEJAC Public Face-to-Face Meeting
September 9-10, 2015
One Potomac Yard, 2777 South. Crystal Drive, Arlington, VA 22202
For Further Information
Questions or correspondence concerning upcoming meetings should be directed to Jasmin Muriel (firstname.lastname@example.org) or telephone at 202-564-4287.
The information, reports and recommendations listed on these pages are the products of the National Environmental Justice Advisory Council, an independent council created under the Federal Advisory Committee Act, to provide independent advice and recommendations on the subject of environmental justice to the EPA Administrator
The information, reports and recommendations found on this site reflect the opinions and views of the independent National Environmental Justice Advisory Council, and not necessarily the views or opinions of the U.S. EPA.