International Import and Export
A variety of laws and regulations govern import and export requirements of materials which may pose a risk to human health and the environment. EPA works with the states, other federal agencies, and foreign governments to ensure compliance with laws governing the import and export of many of these materials.
Information on these legal requirements and other information on imports and exports may be found below.
- Ozone depleting substances
- Chemical substances regulated under TSCA
- Pesticides, including pesticide residue on foods
- Hazardous wastes
- Plumbing products
- Scrap metal
- Draft Guidance for Industry Good Importer Practices
- Interagency Working Group on Import Safety
- BorderCenter.org can help you deal with environmental issues involved with the import and export of materials and wastes.